Comparison ZETOR Brand - I see the ads, but know nothing (Czech ?)

/ ZETOR Brand - I see the ads, but know nothing (Czech ?) #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
I'm curious what others think, have experience with regarding the ZETOR tractor brand ?

Mostly because I know nothing about them except from the Ads here, and a quick internet search, tractordata etc.
As far as I can tell there are No Dealerships in Canada

so, what does it stack up against ? are they a stand alone brand. I thought I read something about Zetor making parts for TYM.

I file it under the LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY category. Thanks.

/ ZETOR Brand - I see the ads, but know nothing (Czech ?) #2  
Afternoon Scaredy. I'm surprised that someone hasn't suggested that you go the the Zetor section under the "Other brands". You should be able to ask and get answers about anything you want to know.

Don

/ ZETOR Brand - I see the ads, but know nothing (Czech ?) #3  
Here is their first tractor model produced staring 1946

Attachments

• Zetor 25.png
    Zetor 25.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
   / ZETOR Brand - I see the ads, but know nothing (Czech ?) #4  
TYM is actually making many of the Zetor tractors.

/ ZETOR Brand - I see the ads, but know nothing (Czech ?) #5  
Neighbor has one, probably '60 vintage, around 55 HP. What amazes me are the accessories you can have on one. I think I remember an air pump for inflating tires for one and there were a couple of others that normally aren't found on popular tractors. Built stout, lots of steel.

Yes on the Czech origin.

/ ZETOR Brand - I see the ads, but know nothing (Czech ?) #6  
My neighbor has had several Zetors over the last 18 years that I've known him, from 55 hp open station, up to 100 hp cabbed tractors. He is a big fan of them, he said that he gets more for his money with Zetor then the other brands.

Last year, or the year before, he had an issue and took it to the local dealer who has been selling Zetor for decades. It was in the shop for months. Something about waiting on the parts to get there. While it was in the shop, he was hiring guys to come an mow his place.

When I was looking to buy a cabbed tractor, I looked at several used Zetor tractors with low hours on them. Something in the range of a few hundred hours. None had anywhere near a thousand hours on them. In my opinion, I was surprised at how poorly they looked for so few hours on them. Everyone that I looked at had the feel of being worn out, falling apart, and something that I would be working on all the time to keep running. That's just my opinion from sitting in them at different lots. It was enough for me to look at other brands.

/ ZETOR Brand - I see the ads, but know nothing (Czech ?) #7  
My neighbor has had several Zetors over the last 18 years that I've known him, from 55 hp open station, up to 100 hp cabbed tractors. He is a big fan of them, he said that he gets more for his money with Zetor then the other brands.

Last year, or the year before, he had an issue and took it to the local dealer who has been selling Zetor for decades. It was in the shop for months. Something about waiting on the parts to get there. While it was in the shop, he was hiring guys to come an mow his place.

When I was looking to buy a cabbed tractor, I looked at several used Zetor tractors with low hours on them. Something in the range of a few hundred hours. None had anywhere near a thousand hours on them. In my opinion, I was surprised at how poorly they looked for so few hours on them. Everyone that I looked at had the feel of being worn out, falling apart, and something that I would be working on all the time to keep running. That's just my opinion from sitting in them at different lots. It was enough for me to look at other brands.

Maybe the new models are built light duty like so many things are nowadays, but I think just wearing out one of these would take some serious effort.

Zetor 25.png

/ ZETOR Brand - I see the ads, but know nothing (Czech ?) #10  
Where would one buy them? The nearest dealer looks to be 300 miles away. Probably 8 major dealers with in 25 miles