Zetor proxima 85

/ Zetor proxima 85
Well my finance company wired the money for the proxima 85. I'll be picking it up tomorrow around lunchtime. Very excited since this will be my first new piece of farm equipment. I got my woods 10 ft brush cutter all greased up and ready tonight.

/ Zetor proxima 85 #12  
Good for you! It sounds like a nice tractor!

SR

/ Zetor proxima 85
I'm looking how to add photos, maybe I have to have a certain number of posts before I can post pics?

/ Zetor proxima 85
It handled my 10 ft brush cutter in some thick Jagger bushes with pto on 540e. Cut about 3 hours this evening at 1500 rpm and fuel guage hasn't moved. I'm very impressed so far. Gonna try out the loader this weekend.

/ Zetor proxima 85 #17  
Congrats Brian. Glad to hear it's meeting your expectations. Photos when you have them would be great. What was it that swayed you toward the Zetor? If I recall it was about $12k more than the Kioti, that would have really given me pause, so I'm guessing there was a compelling reason to Zetor. Again, congrats.

/ Zetor proxima 85
My main reason to pass on the kioti was I didn't feel comfortable in the cab. I'm 6'6" and the pedals were too high and close to the seat. It was also very narrow compared to the cabs on the other machines. The zetor was 10,000 lbs with loader and no ballast. My land has some hills and if I decide to square bale with the wagon attached again I need the weight. Third thing that swayed me was the tier 3 without any dpf or def to worry about. Another thing was the mechanical injection pump. I know how the common rail injectors are with the slightest bit of water or contamination. They were all great machines. I just liked the old school engine with the new school comfort

/ Zetor proxima 85 #19  
@Brian, those all sound like valid reasons. I hope you get many, many years of trouble free use. When you're not out running your new Zetor, post some photos for the rest of us!