ZT1-50 PTO Clutch Failure

/ ZT1-50 PTO Clutch Failure #1  

Rotorhead

Tractor
LS XJ2025h
Picked up a brand new ZT1-50, added an hour meter then had to wait almost two weeks for mowing weather.
Started out fine, seemed to cut well, then with a grand total of .3 hours on the meter, I noticed the blades seemed to slow down and it started making a racket (metal on metal) somewhere under or behind the seat.

I discoverd that the PTO clutch had failed, the rivets had pulled out on two of the three metal straps that hold the disk, as seen in the pic below. I was 7 minutes too late to call Cub Service, will have to catch them on Monday. I am hoping I can just swap out the clutch for a new one, without having to schedule and haul it to a dealer. I pulled the clutch and noticed that it would be possible to put 6 straps on the clutch, but they ony utilize three of the possible locations. When looking on the internet I saw that several aftermarket clutches say they are improved models, and they do have 6 straps.

Anyone else have pto clutch issues? I am hoping it was just a fluke and the rivets weren't properly set, can't imagine why else they would fail so quickly.

What are my chances of getting Cub to send the clutch directly to me? I have two other mowers and both of them are down, so I am really anxious to get this on back up and running.

1681621610533.png

/ ZT1-50 PTO Clutch Failure #2  
Looks like faulty clutch. Let warranty take care of the issue, and no Cub cadet will not send you a clutch, it will have to go to the dealer for replacement, and stop messing around with it because that tinkering can be grounds to deny warranty repairs in the future.

/ ZT1-50 PTO Clutch Failure #3  
What Randy said. Put the clutch back on, call the dealer and don't mention anything about taking it off, or your warranty will be VOID.

/ ZT1-50 PTO Clutch Failure #4  
If you already didn't buy a new clutch ....I have one , new in box ...never used OEM clutch.... I had mis-diagnosed my clutch , which turned out to be an electrical problem , and new clutch was never taken out of box . Paid $200 + will part for $100 + shipping ....