New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model
fishhead, you can't be sure about the actual offering of any new model until the manufacturer officially announces plans, or even until it delivers units for sale. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Sources have indicated that currently there are major meetings regarding a planned smaller, three-cylinder Toolcat 4200.

Bobcat is constantly designing, prototyping and testing various enhancements for the Toolcat line and its other products. Some proposed features and models will make it to market, and some will not. But unofficial sources who previously had only general inklings about smaller Toolcats provided more specifics about a planned Toolcat 4200 at the end of last week. No timeframe was indicated. We'll just have to wait and see! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model #12  
Brian,
Yes I see Bobcats around here all the time. In France they like small. Americans generally like bigger.

Just for giggles I sent Bobcat an e-mail using their customer feedback contact and asked them to make a smaller Toolcat for $15,000. I told them this is the price I would like to pay. Don't know what weight it will have in their development but at least I sent my comments on to them. Along with a heap'n help'n of praise for their current Toolcat models. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Shorter, narrower, and less power would suite my perfectly, along with a lower price of course.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Brian, Yes I see Bobcats around here all the time. In France they like small. Americans generally like bigger.
Shorter, narrower, and less power would suite my perfectly, along with a lower price of course. )</font>
rox, feature set versus cost considerations require tough choices in order to achieve price points customers will find attractive.
Glad to hear you confirm Bobcat has success with its compact equipment globaly. That's what has enabled it to innovate and hopefully Bobcat will add another smaller Toocat model real soon now. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model #14  
I believe it will actually be called a 4600. We should start seeing info on it in the 1st or 2nd quarter of '06.

Rob

BobcatBoy,
Thanks for your additional confirmation of a smaller Toolcat and an indication of timeframe in '06. You are not the only one who has talked about a 4600 model (which is in sequence with the current 5600 and 5600 Turbo models), but others have stated 4200! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model #16  
So let me get this straight...Toolcats have 56 and 46 HP 5600s and for the 4200 or 4600 line up the HP will be...
Guesses welcome, should we start a poll or start taking bets? I bet on a 1.5 liter Kubota 42 HP Turbo charged Super 5 series as described here or even this non turbo version.
Steve

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That would be great if they had one for say $16,000 to $18,000. )</font> I too agree with rox about a a mini toolcat in that price range. It would be goodbye Kubota and hello Bobcat. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model #18  
I would be very surprised if it costs even 25% less. It will cost them almost the same amount to build the mini!

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would be very surprised if it costs even 25% less. It will cost them almost the same amount to build the mini! )</font> Hey, at least I can dream!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ New Mini Toolcat 4200: Bobcat To Add Smaller Model #20  
The big problem here is that the 5600 comes with many great features. You have to ask yourself: Which features would you be willing to do without in order to bring the production costs, and thus the final price down?