If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #181  
Notachance, are you still here? Thanks for this info. I replaced the rear sensor and got rid of my warning, but the front axle still breaks. Disconnected the rear sensor only, and the machine runs and turns fine. From your info, might this mean the front sensor is not working, despite there being no warning? Or could this mean the magnets in the rear need replacing? Can't think of anything else.

Your issue is probably related to the speed sensors in the axles. Test this by turning off axle matching (procedure in the operators manual) and test the machine. There is probably a sensor that is not picking up a signal and the one that is getting a signal is being cut back to match the no signal axle. Another way to test it is to unplug the speed sensors in the axles and run the machine.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #182  
I read all of the posts on this thread and it seems there are some problems in the earlier models. Also I searched on YouTube for mowing videos and there really isn't much there with any detail. I own 12.5 acres and would like to know if this would be a good choice in lieu of a ZTR?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #183  
I read all of the posts on this thread and it seems there are some problems in the earlier models. Also I searched on YouTube for mowing videos and there really isn't much there with any detail. I own 12.5 acres and would like to know if this would be a good choice in lieu of a ZTR?
Well it sure is a lot bigger than a Zero Turn and with other attachments it will do more than a ZTR.

If you need to mow, and use other attachments, with a cab, the toolcat with 4 wheel steer and 4 wheel drive, is at the top of the list.

The TORO Groundsmaster 360 Quad-Steer, would be high on the mow and remove snow only list.
Groundsmaster-360-4WD-with-Safety-Cab-30540GM360Cab_30540.jpg
Toro | Groundsmasterョ 360 Quad-Steer

If you also need to brush hog, get the Toolcat! :thumbsup:

This is mine, with the 7' brush hog.
P4010028.JPG P4010055.JPG P4120002.JPG P8070010.JPG

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #184  
Hi, Work mode was difficult to engage a couple of times, then stopped engaging all together.
pad feels ok, W indicator light comes on with ignition, checked fuses . Any ideas? 5600D
thanks.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #185  
Hi,my Toolcat will not engage W mode. the push pad feels ok , the Work light will come on with ignition only.
It started off being difficult to engage a couple of times and then would not engage anymore, thanks

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #186  
Hi,my Toolcat will not engage W mode. the push pad feels ok , the Work light will come on with ignition only.
It started off being difficult to engage a couple of times and then would not engage anymore, thanks

Are you in Low Range when switching to work mode. It will not work in Hi, light will come on but work mode will not change.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #187  
I had considered getting one of these but had second thoughts. First of course was the high price tag. I see it as a bit more of a toy, especially with those dinky wheels. Can't have much breakout force.

And as a utility vehicle, it has a very heavy ride, I found.

Generally speaking, I have found that a machine that can do everything doesn't do anything exceptionally well.

There is no doubt about it. The toolcat is nice, but I don't think it's the be all, end all it's made out to be.

Then of course, there were the overheating problems. Curious if that was completely resolved on the newer models.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #188  
I had considered getting one of these but had second thoughts. First of course was the high price tag. I see it as a bit more of a toy, especially with those dinky wheels. Can't have much breakout force.

Don't see a listing for breakout force, but it doesn't have any trouble curling a 1500 pound hay bale or the 1800 pound 7' brush hog.
P1060001.JPG P4010076.JPG

And as a utility vehicle, it has a very heavy ride, I found.

Generally speaking, I have found that a machine that can do everything doesn't do anything exceptionally well.

It does exceptionally well with the brush hog. :thumbsup:
P8300032.JPG P8300030.JPG P8300031.JPG

There is no doubt about it. The toolcat is nice, but I don't think it's the be all, end all it's made out to be.

Then of course, there were the overheating problems. Curious if that was completely resolved on the newer models.
No overheating problems with the F series.

Very stable on sidehills. :eek:
P8300013.JPG P9250008.JPG

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #189  
Well it sure is a lot bigger than a Zero Turn and with other attachments it will do more than a ZTR.
If you need to mow, and use other attachments, with a cab, the toolcat with 4 wheel steer and 4 wheel drive, is at the top of the list.
The TORO Groundsmaster 360 Quad-Steer, would be high on the mow and remove snow only list.
View attachment 348445
Toro | Groundsmasterョ 360 Quad-Steer
If you also need to brush hog, get the Toolcat! :thumbsup:
This is mine, with the 7' brush hog.
View attachment 348446 View attachment 348447 View attachment 348448 View attachment 348449
A Kubota F3680 with a cab, 72" rear discharge mower and 51" mower would be cheaper than a Groundsmaster with a cab and a 72" deck.

Aaron Z

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #190  
That is an impressive picture with the mower. Put lexan in the windows, run flat tires and you would have one **** of a crowd control machine. No one would want to mouth off to that!

I had a thought that Bobcat should have a double suspension in the front. Just like on my truck rear. Soft springs for a smooth ride that give way to heavier springs for load carrying. Or an air ride, that one could lower onto beefier springs.

The later version of Toolcat with the 3ph made me question, why not just get a tractor. The visability to the 3PH is much better for hook up and seeing what's happening which I usually find essential. Plus the big wheel, small wheel is a configuration that seems to work well although I prefer articulation.

Curious, is there a Def front and back with one hyd motor or two?

I'm always toying with obscure questions. If I had to only have one machine, what would it be, or, if I had all the money in the world, what would I buy? Kind of clears things up a little. In the course of one of those excercises, the toolcat crossed my mind, but now I am not so sure.

I always liked the JCB robot for the side entry, although not the brand. I have never owned a skid steer, and especially with getting older, don't like the front entry, but recognise the awesome visabilty to the cutting edge and maneuverability. Just saw that VOLVO now has a similar machine, the C series (one with rubber tracks) and I must say I'm smitten! It's nice to have fantasies!