Tractor
    Bobcat 5600 Toolcat

Default Toolcat 5600 tracking issues

I have a 5600 Toolcat and I am having issues with the rear wheels not staying tracking straight, even when it is locked into front wheel steering. I continually have to switch to all wheel steering and turn my back wheels until the wheel straight light comes on then I can switch back to front wheel steering for a very short while then I have to repeat the process. In short the rear end drifts. I contacted the service department for our local Bobcat dealer and they told me the didn't know where to begin and it would cost me $10,000.00 or more to get the answer. Help!!!!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3940

Default Re: Toolcat 5600 tracking issues

I certainly don't know toolcats, but it must be either a leaky valve or a leaking cylinder (side to side, not necessarily dripping on the ground).

All I can think is to disconnect the lines and put caps on the cylinder. Drive around. Does it drift?
    Probably should cap (or connect?) the lines that were disconnected from the cylinder, too.

If so, cylinder problem. If not, some valving/control issue.

Tractor
    John Deere/Massey Ferguson/Bobcat

Any chance you got air in lines. I had a loader issue once that was secondary to air in lines. It resolved once air was removed. BTW , bobcat wanted around $1300 for a new joystick.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

What Series is your 5600?

Here is an older thread with some info that might help: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/t...ml#post1768483
    Hold "Ctrl" (Control) and click on a picture or a Link, to open it in a new Tab.

My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

V417 Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor): The best machine to do what I need a machine to do

Tractor
    Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator

Our 12 ton Dynalift telehandler used to do the same thing. You had to keep fixing the orientation of the back wheels. I guess it was just worn hydraulic cylinders or valves. I just got used to it.