Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #473  
How's your '03 6.0 worked for you? Some have had problems but I haven't. I've got a cab/chassis flat bed F350 superduty. Looks like those Fords are carrying the mail!:D Was the "wimpy" load on the Chevy your intent?:eek::D

Jay

I don't have the 2003 any more, it was reflashed several times, new lower radiator hose, and tires. It had 160,000+ miles on it when I got ride of it. The load on the GMC was just to keep from making another trip but I did limp the tranny a few times pulling the big trailer loaded with hay.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #474  
I don't have the 2003 any more, it was reflashed several times, new lower radiator hose, and tires. It had 160,000+ miles on it when I got ride of it. The load on the GMC was just to keep from making another trip but I did limp the tranny a few times pulling the big trailer loaded with hay.
Was the limp on the tranny with the Ford or the GM?

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #475  
Was the limp on the tranny with the Ford or the GM?

Chris

Here is my 'limp home mode'... :D

I almost forgot, here's a picture of my new "long boy" trailer for light loads...

Attachments

• Fixed it.png
    Fixed it.png
    388.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Long trailer.png
    Long trailer.png
    454.3 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #477  
I agree 100%. I hear guys on here all the time saying they need a Cummins to pull a John Deere 790 and it has to be put on a 25'GN. Most new 1/2 tons are rated from 11,000# down with most falling in the 9,500# range. My 1/2 ton tows 7,000# just fine.

What you guys need to remember is the new 1/2 tons are twice the truck of the 90's where they had 350 plus cubic inch engines and only 200Hp on a good day. The new trucks have boxed frames, better suspension, and large disc brakes. Works better!

Chris

But it's always better to have additional capacity rather than maxing out everytime.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #478  

What was your '03 doing to make you have it reflashed? I'm assuming you mean the computer. Was it very cold natured and what tranny did it have?

Jay

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #480  
What was your '03 doing to make you have it reflashed? I'm assuming you mean the computer. Was it very cold natured and what tranny did it have?

Jay

The first one was for rough cold idle. I always got letters in the mail from Ford wanting to up date the computer after about the third or fourth one I quit taking it in I figured if it's not broke don't fix.