Maine Trailer Plates

/ Maine Trailer Plates #41  
I just got the registration renewal in the mail for the 2 trailers I still have with Mass plates......almost 600.00 for the year. Looks like I'm getting 2 more Maine plates.

/ Maine Trailer Plates #42  
Here in KY personal trailers do not require license plates. We do not pay any fee.

/ Maine Trailer Plates #43  
Just got mine in the mail too and considering the same thing. Wondering if you ever get any flak in pulled over in MA and they see the address on the registration is in ME. I think I may register both of mine in maine this time since they're used only a few times a year (ironically in maine!) and the other times they're stored out of site.

/ Maine Trailer Plates #44  
Just got mine in the mail too and considering the same thing. Wondering if you ever get any flak in pulled over in MA and they see the address on the registration is in ME. I think I may register both of mine in maine this time since they're used only a few times a year (ironically in maine!) and the other times they're stored out of site.

I live in NY and currently have one trailer with a Maine plate. All trailer registrations in NY expire in December, regardless of when they were registered. You can bet that in 2 more months I'll have 2 more trailers in my yard with Maine plates on them.
I recently had a NYS trooper (who is also a friend) jokingly ask me when I'd moved to Maine when he saw me with the trailer recently. I told him that when NY wanted $75 per year and I could get the Maine plate for $99 for 5 years then that's what I was doing. He smiled, shook his head and drove away.

/ Maine Trailer Plates #45  
Funny as i read this thread, and being from Maine. I agree, one of the better deals we have going. But Maine is not friendly in other areas. I am into trucking, haul only in Miane and New Brunswick Canada. One guy in my area has 5 tractor trailers. Majority of his hauling is in the same area as I haul in. But he has two of the units that from time to time, hauls out of state. Mainly potatoes to Ct. His 5 power units are reg in N.J. Cheaper reg costs, by alot. He has an "office" with a physical address in N.J. Phone number with a N.J exchange. All mail and phone calls are forwarded to the Maine office. i don't know what he saves in $$$$$'s, but i'm sure it's worth it. For me, I can't do that. It costs me about $5000 a yr in reg costs for one power unit.

/ Maine Trailer Plates #46  
Here in Indiana we pay per year and its by weight. I have one 7,000# trailer, one 12,000# trailer, and one 18,000# trailer.

The 7K cost about $35 per year. The 12K cost about $60 per year, and the 18K cost about $90 per year.

Chris

/ Maine Trailer Plates #47  
Here in Indiana we pay per year and its by weight. I have one 7,000# trailer, one 12,000# trailer, and one 18,000# trailer.

The 7K cost about $35 per year. The 12K cost about $60 per year, and the 18K cost about $90 per year.

Chris

In NY, my 7k# flatbed and 7k# 7x14 enclosed are $75 each. The flatbed currently has a Maine plate on it. In December, my 6x12 enclosed motorcycle hauler will get a Maine plate. I have a 6x12, 11,960 GVW dump trailer on order. That will get a Maine plate when it arrives.
The 7x14 enclosed is lettered up for my business. I've heard that you can run into problems with John Law if pulling a trailer like that with plates from one state on the truck and from a different state on the trailer, so I suck it up and pay the $75 annual for that one.