Binders - Which Kind?

/ Binders - Which Kind? #31  
Just so happens I loaded up my '56 White Friday to take it to Temple, Texas to the Texas Early Days Tractor and Engine show. This is how I tie down my trucks or tractors. I use the breakover binders on the front and ratchet binders on the rear. I tie down the front first and can take up any slack when I tie down the rear with the ratchet binders.

Attachments

• IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    665.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    550.1 KB · Views: 247
   / Binders - Which Kind? #32  
Just so happens I loaded up my '56 White Friday to take it to Temple, Texas to the Texas Early Days Tractor and Engine show. This is how I tie down my trucks or tractors. I use the breakover binders on the front and ratchet binders on the rear. I tie down the front first and can take up any slack when I tie down the rear with the ratchet binders.

Sweet looking truck, would love to drive one of those around the block.

/ Binders - Which Kind? #33  
The front looks like it is around the axle and paint. With the restore, you did not add hooks or something for chain points, to keep that paint nice?

Love that truck!

Just so happens I loaded up my '56 White Friday to take it to Temple, Texas to the Texas Early Days Tractor and Engine show. This is how I tie down my trucks or tractors.

/ Binders - Which Kind? #34  
There's not a good place to add hooks. I thought about nylon straps but where I hook the chains you really can't see the chipped paint. These trucks had a lot of chipped paint when they were being used, a few more chips won't hurt them. I am very particular about the cab and fenders, I won't take any chances with them. That red paint cost a lot of overtime!

/ Binders - Which Kind? #35  
There's not a good place to add hooks. I thought about nylon straps but where I hook the chains you really can't see the chipped paint. These trucks had a lot of chipped paint when they were being used, a few more chips won't hurt them. I am very particular about the cab and fenders, I won't take any chances with them. That red paint cost a lot of overtime!

Take old tire on cut it down and lay the tread down on the axle and the chain on the wheel side of the tire.

/ Binders - Which Kind? #36  
I prolly should not post this, but this is a rip off. I went to a popular farm store today and looked at the ratchet binders, mainly due to this thread. These were the same chinese made binders,same color, same stamping as we buy at work and sell.These were priced at 58.99 each! I mean come on...these things are less than 20.00 cost each. I was just shocked...thats a heck of a mark up.

/ Binders - Which Kind? #37  
I prolly should not post this, but this is a rip off. I went to a popular farm store today and looked at the ratchet binders, mainly due to this thread. These were the same chinese made binders,same color, same stamping as we buy at work and sell.These were priced at 58.99 each! I mean come on...these things are less than 20.00 cost each. I was just shocked...thats a heck of a mark up.

That popular farm store is a huge rip off.

/ Binders - Which Kind? #38  
I like the rachet binders for our chain on forks for the FEL.

/ Binders - Which Kind? #39  
   / Binders - Which Kind? #40  
FTG-05 said:
What's the name of this popular farm store? TSC?

I believe that is the one he is talking about, it's the one i was refering to. The binders he was talking about were that price on their site. I know 3/16 lynch pins are 4x as much as what I can get them for at the dealer.