2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost

/ 2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost #21  
My company has a Ford Transit as a delivery vehicle.

It is a great around town truck, very maneuverable, 20ish mpg, quick enough from 0-30mph, but grossly underpowered!

They are also low ground clearance, high center of gravity, terrible acceleration from 30-60mph and small tires.

The diesel will help the around town MPG and hauling capacity around town, exactly what it was designed for. On the farm, never!

/ 2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost #22  
I use a Transit Connect for my every day work van, I typically only have 3-400 lbs in it at a time. I get about 28mpg avg. A diesel that got 40+ would spark my interest, Till then, Im happy with what I have

/ 2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost #23  
It seems to me the Trailblazer was as thirsty as a Tahoe and cost as much.

Chris

Our Trailblazer EXT LT didn't cost near as much as a Tahoe, but I will say our Suburban does better on fuel with the 5.3 than the Trailblazer with the 4.2 did. My sister has the standard TB and she does a bit better on gas than our EXT overall. Compared to our Suburban, she does a bit better in town, but we do a bit better on the highway - it all comes down to weight and trying to get our 6k pound beast moving.

/ 2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost #24  
No, just my observations. I also buy parts from the guy weekly. Going over today to get some oil filers and fuel hose for 3 customers mowers. I have seen him pull a few engines. I remember the drive shaft actually runs through the oil pan.

There is also a tanny shop on the same block so I chat with that guy also. He helped me put a Jasper in my Ram that also failed but the Jasper we put in the Dakota shop truck did just fine.

Chris

These are your anti-GM views. You claimed that the Trailblazer had a 5 cylinder, it doesn't. Mine are also obserservations of the drivetrains under assult here as an owner, not what I see/hear/think I see at some parts suppliers place...Guess a Ford has never been in that shop?

/ 2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost #25  
These are your anti-GM views.
And they're getting old...

You say something good about a non-Ford product and here comes 5 stories of 20 vehicles just like it that a neighbor's cousin's husband's former roomate had problems with. Sounds like people in Indiana just don't know how to properly maintain vehicles.

Back on topic, Ford and RAM may have real winners here with full sized vans, small diesels and over 5k lbs payload. The RAM Promaster also has a uni-body/frame chassis layout. www.allpar.com/trucks/ram/ProMaster.html
Also looks like the Ford will have a max GVWR of 10,360 lb and the RAM will be 12,500 lbs but both list over 5k payload.

/ 2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost #26  
These are your anti-GM views. You claimed that the Trailblazer had a 5 cylinder, it doesn't. Mine are also obserservations of the drivetrains under assult here as an owner, not what I see/hear/think I see at some parts suppliers place...Guess a Ford has never been in that shop?

Do I like GM as a company? NO.... That's a known fact. Does GM make some good products? Yes. Tough to beat many of the cars, the Cadallic products, the Suburban, and the Corvette. Do I care for the trucks? NO, not one bit. I feel as a whole the GM truck line is dead last and dated. My personal perspective as a buyer, owner, and two time GMC truck owner.

Now for the Trailblazer it never appealed to me. Its ugly and it drives me nuts that the spare tire is visiable from behind. The few I know with them complain about the MPG, both are GM people and own other GM products. The exact comment from my friend Chad is "For what it is and cost I should have bought Stacy a Tahoe. My Chevy 1500 4x4 gets better mpg"

I know three people with them. I know for a fact one had transmission issues and I personally picked up a co workers sons and transported it 30 miles with a failed rear diff. I can not say how either were maintained.

I assumed they shared the same 5 cylinder like its truck sibling. I never looked at them that close because like I said, its ugly in my eyes. I had been around the Colorado and knew my way around under the hood working on my friend Dougs. I have been under a Trailblazzer on a lift at the shop I mentioned when they were replacing the engine. All I could think was how stupid it was that they ran the drive shaft for the front axle through the oil pan.

Yes, all brands break. I have had them all and have had good luck and bad. My GM cars were not that bad, just little annoying items like powe windows, horn, dash lights, heater blower motors, electrical sensors, ect. All in all good and never left me stranded. Trucks, not so much. I was a die hard GM person. Owned 4, my sister had 1, my dad has had 3 or 4 but overall the Fords, Hondas, Nissans, Toyota's, ect have treated us much much better.

Chris

/ 2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost #27  
Do I like GM as a company? NO.... That's a known fact. Does GM make some good products? Yes. Tough to beat many of the cars, the Cadallic products, the Suburban, and the Corvette. Do I care for the trucks? NO, not one bit. I feel as a whole the GM truck line is dead last and dated. My personal perspective as a buyer, owner, and two time GMC truck owner.

Now for the Trailblazer it never appealed to me. Its ugly and it drives me nuts that the spare tire is visiable from behind. The few I know with them complain about the MPG, both are GM people and own other GM products. The exact comment from my friend Chad is "For what it is and cost I should have bought Stacy a Tahoe. My Chevy 1500 4x4 gets better mpg"

I know three people with them. I know for a fact one had transmission issues and I personally picked up a co workers sons and transported it 30 miles with a failed rear diff. I can not say how either were maintained.

I assumed they shared the same 5 cylinder like its truck sibling. I never looked at them that close because like I said, its ugly in my eyes. I had been around the Colorado and knew my way around under the hood working on my friend Dougs. I have been under a Trailblazzer on a lift at the shop I mentioned when they were replacing the engine. All I could think was how stupid it was that they ran the drive shaft for the front axle through the oil pan.

Yes, all brands break. I have had them all and have had good luck and bad. My GM cars were not that bad, just little annoying items like powe windows, horn, dash lights, heater blower motors, electrical sensors, ect. All in all good and never left me stranded. Trucks, not so much. I was a die hard GM person. Owned 4, my sister had 1, my dad has had 3 or 4 but overall the Fords, Hondas, Nissans, Toyota's, ect have treated us much much better.

Chris

First off...A Suburban is exactly the same vehicle as any year-year GM 1/2 ton and some 3/4 ton pickups it simply has a different body, not one shred of difference anywhere else...I'm not following here. I say this as a current and/or past owner of all that you've stated.

Some other brand's vehicles don't appeal to me either but I never call them ugly in a public forum as there are different tastes and my primary goal isn't to offend other's preferences.

I'm sure my mom would verbally level you if you said her Trailblazer was ugly to her face...

Actually it's all black with oversized tires and some other bling...It's one of the nicest looking TB's I've ever seen.

If you don't have to pull the motor, who cares where the axles route....After 11 years I see no sign of ever having to worry about it.

/ 2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost #28  
First off...A Suburban is exactly the same vehicle as any year-year GM 1/2 ton and some 3/4 ton pickups it simply has a different body, not one shred of difference anywhere else...I'm not following here. I say this as a current and/or past owner of all that you've stated.

Some other brand's vehicles don't appeal to me either but I never call them ugly in a public forum as there are different tastes and my primary goal isn't to offend other's preferences.

I'm sure my mom would verbally level you if you said her Trailblazer was ugly to her face...

Actually it's all black with oversized tires and some other bling...It's one of the nicest looking TB's I've ever seen.

If you don't have to pull the motor, who cares where the axles route....After 11 years I see no sign of ever having to worry about it.

I have not seen a late model gm truck with a 4 link like a Suburban or Tahoe. I think the Trailblazer were a decent vehicle but I never liked how they looked from the back. The big muffler and the spare tire is visible.

Back on topic, Ford and RAM may have real winners here with full sized vans, small diesels and over 5k lbs payload. The RAM Promaster also has a uni-body/frame chassis layout. www.allpar.com/trucks/ram/ProMaster.html
Also looks like the Ford will have a max GVWR of 10,360 lb and the RAM will be 12,500 lbs but both list over 5k payload.

I wonder with the promaster being FWD if we will see a FWD Ram 1500 in the future? These new vans will sure make nice delivery vehicles.

/ 2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost #29  

I realize that but it does a good job for what it was designed. They went without any competition for about 30 years until Ford built the Expedition EL.

Chris

/ 2014 Ford Transit to have 3.2 liter Diesel Powerstroke and Ecoboost #30  
I realize that but it does a good job for what it was designed. They went without any competition for about 30 years until Ford built the Expedition EL.

Chris

Don't forget the Excursion.