John Deere 110 in a dump trailer

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #1  

crazylunker

Tractor
110tlb& b2620
Thinking of getting a dump trailer after selling my hooklift, just curious if anyone here hauls their 110 in one and if so what size?

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #2  
Do you miss your hook lift ? Those are handy.
I've seen it done, but the dump trailers sit up a little high.

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer
I'mgoing to miss it, right now it's in my driveway but it leaves tomorow. I'm selling it because I lost my storage for the truck,trailer,2 dumpsters,mason dum body and flattbed for hook. I have it all at my 1 acre property in a residential neighborhood alon with 3 other trailers and 3 more trucks so I need to thin the herd. I built the hooktruck 4 years ago as a toy and it has been real handy but in that time only put 7000mi on it.

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #4  
If tractordata is correct your 110 weighs 7280 lb. I have a 16' x 80" dump trailer. It has a 10K capacity but even at 16' I don't think it would be long enough for a 110TLB.
My XR3037HC just fits in it if I fully curl the bucket down with a box blade. It certainly wouldn't fit if I had a BH. If you take the BH off it would fit in a 16'er or possibly a 14' dump trailer. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

• DSCN1122 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1122 (Medium).JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 2,722
  • DSCN1121 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1121 (Medium).JPG
    284 KB · Views: 816
I think you are right, I would at least have to hang the backhoe over rear and poss put bucket on top of tarp roller

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #6  
I haul my 110 tlb in a 16' Load trail dump. The hoe does hang out the back and I put the loader bucket in the bed of my truck.
If you haul infrequently it's not bad but if I was hauling a lot I'd be looking at a 22' flatbed.

Matt

Matt would you happen to have any pics of the tractor in the trailer?

Rich

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #8  
I don't, I will try to load it up this weekend and snap a pic.

Matt

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #9  
Here is a few photos I found on the net, I was saving them just encase I needed a trailer.

$_3.JPG P7190002.jpg DSC05732.jpg

DSC05737.jpg

/ John Deere 110 in a dump trailer #10  
I think the biggest problem you'll find with a dump trailer is weight distribution. Dump trailers typically have their axles located further back then deck trailers. The shorter the trailer, the worse the problem. I've hauled my ctl (9800 lbs) a couple of times in a dump trailer. Last Saturday as a matter of fact. Even with the majority of the weight of the ctl being aft of the machine's centerpoint, it wasn't a comfortable ride. I'm glad they were short trips. This was with a BP trailer...I imagine a GN would be slightly better.