Super tall pickup beds

/ Super tall pickup beds #71  
There is abutton on the dash to disable traction control - which is mandated on all light duty pick ups.

Seriously??? I thought that little button on the center of the dash above the radio was for dispensing bacon behind the truck....go figure!!

/ Super tall pickup beds #72  
Seriously??? I thought that little button on the center of the dash above the radio was for dispensing bacon behind the truck....go figure!!

Homer-Bacon.jpg

/ Super tall pickup beds #73  
And thatç—´ also a grocer getter. My buddy has a late 90s or early 2000s Tacoma. I hauled 700 pounds of concrete in the back and that was about maxed out. I wouldn稚 hook my heavier lawnmower trailer to it with my ZTR on it. I might pull my single axel trailer with a regular riding mower on it. The newer ones are a little more capable but theyæ±*e also bigger.

That is complete crap! I had a 2003 Tacoma double cab 4wd and it hauled my 27' dual axle boat trailer with center console 22 foot Mako with a 225 4 stroke 2012 Yamaha outboard. The boat was a ton unloaded and without engine, (+/- 600#s), Tee-top, 80 gallons of gas, and electronics box and 4 full sized batteries, console full of gauges and Lowrance 12" GPS/fish-finder, leaning tower, etc, etc. Made the 4 hour drive to CT coast every year and back no problems climbing hills or similar with stock EFI V-6. Brakes were stock hydraulic surge brakes on trailer no booster or electric brake used. Truck had ARE glass window cap too. Family member crashed it on bad road and walked away with just a concussion. He is 6'5 and fit in it nicely.

/ Super tall pickup beds #75  
Buy a flatbed, and you'll never go back. truly the most utilitarian bed there is.

/ Super tall pickup beds #76  
Apparently some people think that a truck or piece of equipment needs to be beat up and scratched up to show others that you use it, I paid to much for every truck and tractor that I have ever bought to treat them carelessly and I use mine but am very particular about taking care of them maintenance wise and visually, and I have always treated my employers trucks and equipment the same as my own, one bright side is whenever I decide to get rid of a truck or tractor I don't have to advertise on Craigslist or such I just put out the word and people will come out of the wood works to buy at top dollar.

X2 :thumbsup: I guess I am one of those folks driving a grocery getter that folks talk about. I have 5 trailers so the pickups look like new, even 10 - 15 years down the road. But even my trailers, which get used often and sometimes hard, still look good. It starts with buying a quality product. I take care when loading or unloading. Any damage is fixed and paint is easy to touch up.

/ Super tall pickup beds #77  
TMGT hit the nail on the head. People want to bang on their chest and say I can tow 30K with my pickup, heck 15 years ago to drag 12K you needed a dually and had to have a gooseneck. Now you can haul it with a bumper pull on a 150. Bigger trailer hitch, frame, shocks, spring,brakes, wheels, components, don稚 get me started on Horsepower and torque. Seems like ya need 900ftlbs to pull your lawnmower.

I want some of the steps that fold out from the corner but they cost too much.
We bought a Tahoe for towing and itç—´ a ridiculous vehicle otherwise: big but not very roomy in back, hard to get in and out of, thirsty, ponerdous, and rough riding.

So I was astonished to find on the Tahoe forum how many people buy them who don稚 tow! A Chevy Traverse is faster, better mpg, better riding, has AWD, and probably cheaper.

Same deal times two for pickups. Most of them seem to be used for hauling air. You can still buy regular cab work trucks at reasonable prices but if you look at dealer inventories around here that’s maybe 10%.

/ Super tall pickup beds #78  
I am a Tahoe fan!

I find them to be smooth riding, roomy and tow anything I need to tow.

GM has produced them for so long, they are very reliable.

/ Super tall pickup beds #79  
Amazed at comments regarding what the other guy does or does not do with his pickup or the modifications he makes to it.
If you're not making his truck payment, don't worry about it.

/ Super tall pickup beds #80  
I have one of these on each of our 3/4 ton pickups:

ampsite_slider_BedStep.jpg
Slider_BEDSTEP_1.jpg

Haven't tried the side step:

ampsite_slider_BedStep2.jpg