trailer recommendations

/ trailer recommendations #1  

farmerjim

Gold Member
Tractor
jd h, jd 50, jd2010,jd 790,case530hoe
i'm in the market for a landscape type trailer to haul my jd790 w/ loader and bushhog. i also plan to use it for delivering hay small squares. i'm thinking a dual axle 16 ft. should be sufficient. i will be towing it w/ a 2500hd duramax. what brands are good, 2 local tractor dealers sell big tex and bri-mar. i'm trying to stay 3k and under. thanks for any help in advance. jim

/ trailer recommendations #2  
Wether it will be a bumper pull or gooseneck get the largest your truck will handle. Length will come in handy when hauling bales.

Don't scrimp on the trailer. You have a proper puller so make use of it.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ trailer recommendations #3  
What Egon said plus, if you can, go with a tilt deck. You'll get spoiled quick not having to fool with ramps.

/ trailer recommendations #4  
Over the years I have had two Big Tex trailers. One was a landscape trailer and the one I have now is a car hauler. I have been happy with both. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ trailer recommendations #5  
farmer jim,
I would go with a carhauler type those landscape rails will annoy you greatly when you are stacking hay. And depending on your wheel spacing on the rear 77" may be too tight to get your tractor on comfortably. Plus the gate on the back may not stand up to tractor traffic. Something to think about. Bri-mar and big tex make awesome trailers and they don't cut many corners in building them either
kman

/ trailer recommendations #6  
the Bri-Mar is extreme heavy duty and will hold up easily here in New England. Big Tex trailers (pipe) type, aren't anywhere near as stout and the pipes get in the way.. There are several trailer dealers going up 395 to 101 east and just as you cross over into RI,, there are at least two trailer dealers

/ trailer recommendations #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Big Tex trailers (pipe) type, aren't anywhere near as stout and the pipes get in the way.. )</font>

What pipes you refering to? I have a big tex car hauler.. 7' clearance sidewall to sidewall.

It's all 3" and 4" angle iron and box frame.. a couple big honking pieces of C channel...

I've use dthe ramps off my trailer to help another guy load 10k# heavy equipment and not even had them flex..

Soundguy

/ trailer recommendations #8  
Jim,
I also have the 2500HD w/ Duramax. I bought a 20' H&H tilt bed trailer (attached pic, more in photo section). (H&Htrailers.com) I don't know if you have a dealer in your area, I drove down to PA. to pick mine up. I only got the 7K rated one since it was all I needed. You can haul up to 12K bumper pull or 15.5K fifth wheel so what you get will depend on how much weight you want to haul. Price for mine was around $3400. It has brakes on both, removable fenders, &7k drop leg jack, 14 stake pockets. I added the box with 8000lb. winch inside.
George

Attachments

• 840374-trailer.JPG
    840374-trailer.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 241
   / trailer recommendations #9  
FARMER JIM,
BIGTEX 14 ft tandem carhauler,for my little kubota[3000lbs],for my little jeep cherokee.Weight distribution hitch,electric brakes...nothin like it!!
ALAN

/ trailer recommendations #10  
I have an 18' trailer for my TC30. It has a 16' flat deck with a 2' beavertail. pic

It works fine for my setup but if I were to do it again I'd probably go for a 20' trailer.

Good luck with the trailer shopping.

Rodger