T-233 Owner

/ T-233 Owner #11  
It is a known chassis twist problem causing the hood to pop open.

/ T-233 Owner
Welderdog, thank you for your service!
My dealer is 4 hours away, in NC:-( Two years ago I managed to destroy my universal and drive shaft...dealer was kind enough to send me the part and I installed. Was easier/cheaper than dragging the tractor down to them. Maybe your dealer could send you the part?

Thanks! Just supporting our troops!

The parts are good, it's the latch's alignment / mounting location that's causing the problem. I just need time to do the repair / modification. Bought the rubber hood latches just incase!:thumbsup:

/ T-233 Owner
It is a known chassis twist problem causing the hood to pop open.

One of the reasons I purchased the rubber hood latches was that problem. Reports of frame twisting / fracturing does worry me. I was wanting a one time purchase with continued maintenance keeping the T-233 running for many years!

/ T-233 Owner #15  
i've got mine to 5 years,but it's like having a sick child.LOL

/ T-233 Owner #16  
i've got mine to 5 years,but it's like having a sick child.LOL

I have the cure for the chassis twist problem. Sub frame connectors.

/ T-233 Owner #18  
Look in local stores for the rubber latches with no luck, found a pair of rubber latches for marine applications similar to yours in the internet and bought them,I installed them this afternoon they look (much better than the bungee cords)and work great.

/ T-233 Owner #19  
looking good welderdawg! What size box blade did you end up getting? I am looking to purchase one for my t233, was thinking a 60" model to be as wide as the tractor, I wasnt sure if the t233 could handle any bigger.

/ T-233 Owner
Look in local stores for the rubber latches with no luck, found a pair of rubber latches for marine applications similar to yours in the internet and bought them,I installed them this afternoon they look (much better than the bungee cords)and work great.

That's good to know, thanks! Got a few more weeks until my R&R, I'll fix mine when I get home.