Millermatic 350P (first welds)

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #21  
Crazy Crazy Crazy weld quality, looking forward to the pulse mode, question for ya! with owning the 350P why would you still use the 252?

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #22  
Crazy Crazy Crazy weld quality, looking forward to the pulse mode, question for ya! with owning the 350P why would you still use the 252?
Congrats on your new Miller. It is hands down the best unit I've ever used. Crazy weld quality and that's added up to more work for it and happy customers. :) I also run the Millermatic 252 and like it as well but the 350P is the machine I really like to use.

Here's a job I did about a month ago for a machinist friend of mine. I used our Miller Dynasty 200 DX and tigged the root pass then I switched over to the Millermatic 350P in pulse mode to complete it. I setup the welding postioner and here's the result.
My buddy was happy and so was the ships engineers. I was pleased when they said it passed the pressure test :D

Pictures were taken with my Iphone :eek:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
[/COLOR]

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds)

The MM 252 is an all around general purpose machine. Fast to set up and great quality welds and that's why I have it here. The 350P is used for those larger jobs that require deep penetration on heavy metal along with a great looking strong weld but very hot to use, much hotter than the 252.

Attachments

• gu9.jpg
    gu9.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 551
  • DSC05945.jpg
    DSC05945.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 436
   / Millermatic 350P (first welds) #24  

The MM 252 is an all around general purpose machine. Fast to set up and great quality welds and that's why I have it here. The 350P is used for those larger jobs that require deep penetration on heavy metal along with a great looking strong weld but very hot to use, much hotter than the 252.

Pulse is the way of the future. I am seeing lessor cost units like the Miller and Lincoln 350P doing well with Pulse. European and Japanese technology is way ahead of the USA. OTC, Lortch, Fronius, Kempi. Have been running pulse for a long time. They also have Twin Pulse which is even more amazing than Pulse alone. You can run aluminum all position with no troubles. You can set these machines up like a Tig welder. Pulse frequency, Relationship, Trim and Crater fill. You simply pick your material thickness and the machine does the rest..They are little more money but we are trending toward pulse. Cored wires start to go to the wayside with pulse as well. Welders have really not changed much in the last 40 years. Look out for ten years from now. Digital High Def Twin Pulse Synergic machines will be in the 5k range and the 251/252 style welders will be collectors items much like a typewriter. That's how fast it's going to go.

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #26  
When the 350P's 1st came out they were a quite different animal. 90+% failure rate. Miller quickly sourced a better Pulse board and changed the dynamics a little bit and now it's nearly a top seller for them. Good unit. If didn't have a Digitsl High Def unit I would go with the 350P. You know, L-Tec and Hobart had pulse units out way back in the 80's. Thermal Arc and Lincoln started in the 90's and now Miller has an affordable unit. This is the trend.

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #27  
When the 350P's 1st came out they were a quite different animal. 90+% failure rate
Yep I can attest to that.
We bought two of them three or so years ago, I've got one that I use and there's another one that floats around the shop. Mine, I blow out everytime I change the wire, let it cool off if the fans running before I shut it down etc., I look after it.
So far, mines been down 3 times each time with a circuit board problem that was fixed under warranty for around $1500 a pop and it's only got 60 or so arc hours and 6k or so starts on it. The other died a month or so back, just a big 'POP' when it was turned on. Almost $6K to repair it, all three boards gone so that's toast, that one has only 48 welding hours and 7K arc starts on it.
When they work they are a beautiful working machine, the pulse is great, throw on a spoolgun or a Cobra or Python gun for aluminum and it'll lay a bead like you wouldn't believe.
Salesman came in last week and a bunch of us we shotting the crap and we happened to mention the problems with them, his reply "Yeah, they're not really along lasting machne, we've had a lot of problems with them, I wouldn't buy one' . This is the same bird that siad these were a lifsaver machine LOL......Mike
Would I buy one for myself....not a chance in he77.

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds)
Great work as usual Paul.

Beautiful welds. Sure nice to have the horsepower that the 350P provides.

Thanks Jason. Ya it's all in the tooling. ;) here's a part I repaired off a rock picker yesterday and used the 350P.
I've had the 350P for close to three years now and never an issue. I've visited the repair fissility that repairs all the major brand welding units on the island and never seen a 350P there. All I can say is this one has been flawless. It's welded for eight hours straight at times in hot weather in the shop doing excavator buckets and performed flawlessly. I have the 30 amp Miller spool gun as well for it and its just great.
I will say that I do on occasion remove the tins and blow all the dust out of my welding equipment and been doing that for years. To date I've never experienced any down time with any piece of Miller equipment ( knock on wood)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.1 KB · Views: 414
   / Millermatic 350P (first welds) #29  
4shorts said:
Congrats on your new Miller. It is hands down the best unit I've ever used. Crazy weld quality and that's added up to more work for it and happy customers. :) I also run the Millermatic 252 and like it as well but the 350P is the machine I really like to use.

Here's a job I did about a month ago for a machinist friend of mine. I used our Miller Dynasty 200 DX and tigged the root pass then I switched over to the Millermatic 350P in pulse mode to complete it. I setup the welding postioner and here's the result.
My buddy was happy and so was the ships engineers. I was pleased when they said it passed the pressure test :D

Pictures were taken with my Iphone :eek:

You do some fine quality work! Beautiful!