I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.
Ya Fred, hit Mark up for your cut:cool:
Just got home from leasing a tank for 99 years from Praxair.
A 250CF tank was $280, plus $63 for 75/25 mix.
Whats going to be hard is, I will always want to compare the 205
against the welder I use at work all day:p
I sure hope I'm done spending frickin' money:ashamed:

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #112  
Ya Fred, hit Mark up for your cut:cool:
Yeah good luck with that! As much as I brag about my Everlast machine on this site and another site that Mark and I belong to, I can't even get a ball cap out of him! :laughing:

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #113  
Oh I don't want it to keep, would just like to test drive one. But then again, I don't have enough welders as it is! :scratchchin:

Well my solution to that is Mark sends it to him, Shield Arc does the test drive as the professional/hobby welder he is and then I keep it as he helps me learn MIG. It works for me.
Ha ha!

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #114  
That sounds like an excellent idea!:thumbsup: I get to test drive an Everlast Mig machine, and give an impartial review, and you get a used Mig machine. Where the he!! is Mark when you need him?:laughing:

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #115  
Ok, besides all the attempts to grab some swag that doesn't exist (wish it did, and probably will in the future and who knows, someone will get what they deserve...)....I'll explain the wire capability and make a couple of things.

The wire feeder will feed wire from .030" to .045". The drive wheels are actually .030 and .045. The .030 will feed .030 and .035 well. The .040 will feed the rarely seen (in the US) .040 and the common .045.

Suggested wire TYPE would unquestionably be 70 S-6. Great deoxidizing capability and smooth flow. Get the (if you can afford it) ESAB Aristarod OK 12.50. Best wire you will run.
Stay away from copper clad wire for best results if you don't get the ESAB wire.

Shield Arc may be surprised that the little MIGs do respectably well stick welding on their own. 6010 isn't the best, but the others are great.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #116  
Mark I hope you realize we are just having some fun with you. ;)

Mark, what wire will my 205 come with?

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #118  
Mark,
It comes with the kind you provide. At our prices we don't have the margins to supply wire. I wish we could.

SA,
Yes, absolutely I know your kidding, but someday, I may actually be able to surprise you.

It comes with the kind you provide. At our prices we don't have the margins to supply wire.
Ok, now I need to go to my gas supplier and get welding wire.
I wish I would have known that today, I could of got the wire
along with my cylinder.
Oh well.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #120  
Mark, it isn't listed with the standard equipment on our website, and I know We don't show any pictures with wire anywhere. Again, my apologies. Get the 40 or 44 lb roll. If you can't get the ESAB, get National Wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.