120V MIG welders.

/ 120V MIG welders. #1  

Mark @ Everlast

Advertiser
Heh. Made you look. Given the hub bub about 120V capabilities, and the fact that several of you guys have asked me about our inverter 140's I figured this would get your attention. The new 120V Power iMIG 140Es are in. I know I have talked to several of you and you asked me to let you know, but I can't remember who it was since it has been so long and this is the only way I could figure to keep my promise. I apologize, but it's been a long couple of months with the website launch and fixing bugs and seeing after other things so I misplaced my list somewhere on my computer. It's in a file somewhere....

Special introductory pricing to all TBN members. PM me or call me.

Now, I think this is a good opportunity to find out what they will and won't do for some of you. Happy fourth.

Keep this in mind, welders get to play with fireworks all the time...legally.

/ 120V MIG welders. #2  
Ha ha... funny guy. Good luck with the new product, Mark!

/ 120V MIG welders. #3  
I think this is a good opportunity to find out what they will and won't do for some of you. Happy fourth.

Keep this in mind, welders get to play with fireworks all the time...legally.

Mark good luck legalizing the use of a 120v welder on TBN. You may be the only guy who can do it. :D

/ 120V MIG welders.
:2cents:
FWIW, the new one will be in for me to test on Monday, hopefully. Probably won't get to it until a day or two of cooler weather. It's over 100 heat index, actually more like 105-110 in the shade...hotter in my shop.

/ 120V MIG welders. #5  
Mark, sounds like you need a few 120V air conditioners to go with that welder!

/ 120V MIG welders.
I've got 1. It'll keep it at a manageable 80-85 degrees, but then don't have the best circulation/exhaust system without the doors open.

/ 120V MIG welders. #8  
Just one example of a successful weld made with a Hobart 140 Handler...

Of course the holier than thou professional welders will jump through hoops trying to convince anyone that will listen that they (120V mig welders) are not worth their salt...I have proven to myself they can make quality welds on heavy duty equipment...

Again this is just one example of hundreds...

I welded a 1/2" chain hook on the end of a hydraulic cylinder rod (4" X 24" X 2.5")...with a little Hobart 140...and used it to maneuver a very heavy tree trunk (about 8 tons estimated)...in the process I broke more than one (USA made) 3/8" hooks...several 3/8" chain links and one 1/2" USA factory made cable sling...
The hook welded to the cylinder rod held like one of the holier than thou professionals welded it with their big rigs...
so there...!

/ 120V MIG welders. #9  
Just one example of a successful weld made with a Hobart 140 Handler...
Again this is just one example of hundreds...

Yes it boggles the mind. First of all, why someone would waste one keystroke on such BS, and secondly what could be their motivation to risk their credibility. There must be some real tangible benefit to ragging on 120v MIGs, that's not obvious or not necessary for other people.

I poked around on WeldingWeb.com in one thread titled "110 volt migs" and could it be that they don't seem to have this "problem" so bad? A few folks pulling the same stuff but they don't get much support; in fact lots of pro welders reply that they're being ridiculous. Funny I assumed it would be worse over there. Well maybe it won't go on much longer here.

Mark seems to think his EVERLAST 140E will kick butt all over my Miller 135. For that to be true, the 120v Everlast must be an awesome little machine. I have a couple buddies looking long and hard at MIGs, sure wish I could test one somewhere local.

Last edited:
   / 120V MIG welders. #10  
I'll be looking forward to this thread from mark. I got a hobart 125 ez 120v welding mig too and still use it. I welded up a few hitches for the tractor (pulled 8k lbs with it no problem), hooks to pull tree roots, added metal to my trailer gate, welded up cracks on the go carts, built quite a few odd stuff around the house and repaired metal stuff on my cars. I have respect for professional welders with thier 220v machines and I do employ them when I need to. I wouldnt care less about comments from others putting 120v units down. At the time when I wanted a welding unit, I didnt have a 220v plug, wasn't in mood to put one in and wanted to get up and go. I was glad that I have a 120v unit as I repaired a few things for others as I do it at their house and no need to run special wiring. The 120v HAVE thier place, and its important to recognize there are somethings you are better off hiring it out for or get a 220v unit. happy welding...:thumbsup: