Good news and a dilemma?

/ Good news and a dilemma? #21  
If you write up a resignation then just be to the point of I'm giving my 2 weeks notice and my last day will be x/x/xx and make it to your direct supervisor no one else
Then when asked you should be as truthful as possible with why your are leaving but make brief statements as more money, better benefits, or wanting just a change

This leaves the door open if things don't work out and you might want your old job back
Don't burn any bridges no matter how bad you were treated (just bad business)

/ Good news and a dilemma? #22  
Tell them that you are thankful for the opportunities that you encountered during your tenure there, and move on. I have hired hundreds of people and (unfortunately) had to fire my share also. I have also been hired dozens of times and fired once. I have never been around an employee leaving a company where the company benefited from criticism (constructive or otherwise). I have been around many dozens where it was perceived (rightly or wrongly) that the employee was taking potshots or cheap shots on the way out the door. I have worked at places where they asked the employees for ways that they could improve things, and yet nothing changes and the ex-employee is typically talked about as "good riddance".

Think about it this way, if someone were to ever call the previous employer, would they say "he was a good employee and we would re-hire him if the opportunity arose" or "he worked here for XYZ period of time" and nothing else, or worse, "No, we wouldn't rehire him"...
It is actually against the law to bad mouth a former employee when a company asks for reference. They can give a good review or just refer to time worked and not comment which by no reference to a good review, can be inferred by the prospective company to be bad. If they say, "no we wouldn't rehire" or "he was a bad employee" and the former employee found this out, he could sue them and win damages. All HR folks and most managers know this and will simply refer to time worked for a bad employee.

/ Good news and a dilemma? #23  
It is actually against the law to bad mouth a former employee when a company asks for reference. They can give a good review or just refer to time worked and not comment which by no reference to a good review, can be inferred by the prospective company to be bad. If they say, "no we wouldn't rehire" or "he was a bad employee" and the former employee found this out, he could sue them and win damages. All HR folks and most managers know this and will simply refer to time worked for a bad employee.

Uh huh. I have seen it happen many, many times at smaller companies where they asked for your previous bosses name and #, to get a referral. So take the chance if you want to, but I don't see what is gained by doing it...

/ Good news and a dilemma? #24  
Actually they can legally say "Not eligible for re-hire" but thats about it on the negative side.

Aaron Z