About to pull the trigger on a new welder

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #11  
Have you looked into the Lincoln 210mp? It's a multi process but I mainly just mig with it. 3/8" single pass. Portable and runs great. Use the bobcat for stick and haven't tried tig yet

Brett

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #12  
Not trying to offend anyone, but what ESAB has is a real company - I'd buy it hands down over an Everlast.

This is my opinion only.

But at $1800 I'd buy this one instead - I'm cheap :)
Thermal Arc Fabricator 252i Welder #W1441 | Welders Supply Company Beloit-Big Bend-Burlington Wisconsin and Rockford, Illinois

Different color:
ESAB Fabricator 252i W1004401

Those multi welding machines are good for the OP, or anyone who want to multi-task and looks like the Esab is using the name Rebelto increased the price to at least a $500.00.

But for me I haven't seen any welding machine brand yet that says it does what this Everlast welder does for somewhere's near the same price. A 250 amp DC to run 3/16 welding rods and 3/16 carbons for carbon arc gouging<<(welding rod eraser)<< a must for someone like me who has to do things 2-3 times to get it right, but now after your post and your lack luster sales pitch on Everlast, I threw my hands up in the air, put my trigger on safety.....

PowerARC 3ST | Everlast Generators

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #13  
I'm looking hard at the Lincoln 210 MP. It was recommended to me by my welding instructor as a "Buy once, cry once machine". He said "You will probably never need another welding machine...but you may buy others if you get the bug".

Light weight, works on either 110 or 220, stick, Mig and Tig (with accessories).

I've watched a bunch of YouTube videos. Can't see anything wrong with the Lincoln 210 MP.

Anybody have anything to add?

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #14  
Those multi welding machines are good for the OP, or anyone who want to multi-task and looks like the Esab is using the name Rebelto increased the price to at least a $500.00.

But for me I haven't seen any welding machine brand yet that says it does what this Everlast welder does for somewhere's near the same price. A 250 amp DC to run 3/16 welding rods and 3/16 carbons for carbon arc gouging<<(welding rod eraser)<< a must for someone like me who has to do things 2-3 times to get it right, but now after your post and your lack luster sales pitch on Everlast, I threw my hands up in the air, put my trigger on safety.....

PowerARC 3ST | Everlast Generators

No idea what your point was, but sounds like you're happy with something. That's good I guess.

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #15  
I'm looking hard at the Lincoln 210 MP. It was recommended to me by my welding instructor as a "Buy once, cry once machine". He said "You will probably never need another welding machine...but you may buy others if you get the bug".

Light weight, works on either 110 or 220, stick, Mig and Tig (with accessories).

I've watched a bunch of YouTube videos. Can't see anything wrong with the Lincoln 210 MP.

Anybody have anything to add?

Just my opinion, based on my own experiences - I would go with any Lincoln or Miller hands down over ESAB or any other brand. I've welded more pipe in refineries with Lincolns & Millers than any other brand. I would especially go with the Lincoln 210 MP if I were in the market right now. A 210 amp multi-process welder at that price is a good value. The thickness on MIG is 5/16 which is a bit light, but if you bevel your weldment correctly and run multiple passes it will be just fine, and give you a better finished product since your not dealing with crazy high heat/distortion. As a comparison, I have a Lincoln Invertec V350 Pro that I run a Miller Super SP-32 wire box with. Regardless of what I'm welding, I stay right around 25 Volts, which is roughly 190 amps, and that machine is capable of up to 34 Volts/350 Amps. Welding is a lot like painting, it's 95% prep work and alot of passes!

The majority of my welding career revolved around these parameters:

Heli-Arc: 80-160 amps
Stick: 80-140 amps
MIG: 25 +/- Volts

Those numbers are what I'm basing my opinion of the Lincoln 210 MP on. I could literally have used that welder to make a living with, welding Sch. 10 to XX Heavy Wall material. Hopefully I helped you out, I'm sure that whatever you go with will be good!

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder
For me, the ESAB is carrying a couple of features that are justifying it's $700 premium price over the comparable Lincoln or Miller machine. One is the user friendly screen. I don't weld enough to have the parameters and set up memorized. I really like the screen telling you when to reverse polarity and making wire speed suggestions. In theory this will make me a better welder and hopefully cut down my regrind time. Not grinding out welds carries a significant value to me. The second thing is that the 235 can weld 1/2". All other machines (other than the Everlast) are rated for 3/8". I don't get into much 1/2, but I do weld 3/8" and I don't want to be maxing the machine out.

As pointed out, one of my hangups is the country of origin. Gotta ask myself if I'd be willing to pay a couple hundred more to get it made in Germany or USA. Probably not, because then it would be $1,000 more than it's competition.

That's the first negative feedback I've heard on the mig gun. I've heard people didn't like the Tig gun, but that's an accessory so it can be changed out. My old unit had a 400 amp Tregaskiss on it. Yea, nice gun but it was going to cost close to $1000 to replace with a comparable unit. That alone was the reason that I sold the welder. Strangely, I'd swear I had the Everlast gun on my old ESAB 252 mig machine. Ended up selling that unit during the recession because I needed the money to pay the mortgage, but I wasn't sad to see it go. The arc was not smooth and I always wondered if the problem wasn't the gun.

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #17  
Just my opinion, based on my own experiences - I would go with any Lincoln or Miller hands down over ESAB or any other brand. I've welded more pipe in refineries with Lincolns & Millers than any other brand. I would especially go with the Lincoln 210 MP if I were in the market right now. A 210 amp multi-process welder at that price is a good value. The thickness on MIG is 5/16 which is a bit light, but if you bevel your weldment correctly and run multiple passes it will be just fine, and give you a better finished product since your not dealing with crazy high heat/distortion. As a comparison, I have a Lincoln Invertec V350 Pro that I run a Miller Super SP-32 wire box with. Regardless of what I'm welding, I stay right around 25 Volts, which is roughly 190 amps, and that machine is capable of up to 34 Volts/350 Amps. Welding is a lot like painting, it's 95% prep work and alot of passes!

The majority of my welding career revolved around these parameters:

Heli-Arc: 80-160 amps
Stick: 80-140 amps
MIG: 25 +/- Volts

Those numbers are what I'm basing my opinion of the Lincoln 210 MP on. I could literally have used that welder to make a living with, welding Sch. 10 to XX Heavy Wall material. Hopefully I helped you out, I'm sure that whatever you go with will be good!

Thanks, Ranger. Great info there.

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #18  
For me, the ESAB is carrying a couple of features that are justifying it's $700 premium price over the comparable Lincoln or Miller machine. One is the user friendly screen. I don't weld enough to have the parameters and set up memorized. I really like the screen telling you when to reverse polarity and making wire speed suggestions. In theory this will make me a better welder and hopefully cut down my regrind time. Not grinding out welds carries a significant value to me. The second thing is that the 235 can weld 1/2". All other machines (other than the Everlast) are rated for 3/8". I don't get into much 1/2, but I do weld 3/8" and I don't want to be maxing the machine out.

As pointed out, one of my hangups is the country of origin. Gotta ask myself if I'd be willing to pay a couple hundred more to get it made in Germany or USA. Probably not, because then it would be $1,000 more than it's competition.

That's the first negative feedback I've heard on the mig gun. I've heard people didn't like the Tig gun, but that's an accessory so it can be changed out. My old unit had a 400 amp Tregaskiss on it. Yea, nice gun but it was going to cost close to $1000 to replace with a comparable unit. That alone was the reason that I sold the welder. Strangely, I'd swear I had the Everlast gun on my old ESAB 252 mig machine. Ended up selling that unit during the recession because I needed the money to pay the mortgage, but I wasn't sad to see it go. The arc was not smooth and I always wondered if the problem wasn't the gun.

So that's the the reason for the $700.00 cost difference, the Rebel has a user freindly TV screen compared to the Fabricater model, didn't notice that before, for me I'm more focus on duty cycle
ESAB Rebel EMP 235ic MIG/TIG/Stick Welder 0558012702 < > ESAB Fabricator 252i W1004401

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #19  
It's difficult to compare welders of yesterday (8-10 yrs ago) to welders of today. Welders 8-10 years ago were made here in the USA. None are made in the USA today so there is no comparison. Still, The majors are probably the easiest to do business with because they are still in the states. Miller at least still assembles here. Lincoln is Mexico, Italy and China and ESAB welding equipment plant closed last year and are also discontinuing the Thermal Arc line as well. I think most of the equipment out there will serve well but with global manufacturing it's just more difficult to decide. If a guy were to only cry once, I'd go with OTC, Sanrex, Lorch or Fronius.

/ About to pull the trigger on a new welder #20  
I have two everlasts and a Lincoln. The Lincoln has proven to be problematic. The cooling fan has failed. Rather quickly. Tech support was helpful but the 1 yr warranty was passed. Would I buy a Lincoln again? Yes. Would I buy another everlast. Yes. I do not believe you get what you pay for. I believe if you look hard and do honest research you can find great quality stuff for a good price.