Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors?

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #1  

V53

Tractor
None
I would ultimately like to get a 70 or 80 horsepower machine and love the design,fit, and finish of the Yanmar machines. I was wondering if that was on the horizon in the future for them as a company.

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #3  
Is that a prototype for the YT series or for an all-new machine?

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #4  
I would ultimately like to get a 70 or 80 horsepower machine and love the design,fit, and finish of the Yanmar machines. I was wondering if that was on the horizon in the future for them as a company.

The YT359 doesn't have enough beef for you? What kind of tasks are you planning on your property in Tennessee?

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #5  
Looks like they're building that one, and more(!), now that I look at the Japanese website. I don't read Japanese, but check out the numbers in red. PS is for pferdestarke, or the metric unit for horsepower. It's almost the same unit. 100 PS = 98.59 HP. (Thanks Google). Here's the link:

トラクター|製品・サービス|農業|ヤンマー

No clue if they plan on importing.

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #6  
Yammer has to be discouraged my declining sales of Yanmar equipped, Deere branded, light tractors.

I think that is why Yanmar is prudently opening Yanmar dealerships in the USA.

In 100+ horsepower tractor category Deere has the lead in hardware and the software technology. Kubota would like to compete there too, but does not sell many tractors in the 100+ horsepower category. Kubota tractors are not heavy enough and do not have GPS integrated software.

You have to have VOLUME to achieve production line efficiency and competitive pricing.

I cannot see Yanmar producing heavier tractors until Yanmar separates from John Deere.

Last edited:
   / Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors?
The YT359 doesn't have enough beef for you? What kind of tasks are you planning on your property in Tennessee?

I think that it could do but would be right at the limits on some applications, such as hay and the rotary cutter that it could pull.

I have 100 acres with about 60 to 65 in pasture. Plan on running cattle in the future.

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #8  
A company like Yanmar or Kubota (assuming they gain parity in GPS software integration) could probably distinguish themselves in the market by being extremely "fix friendly" to farmers and operators, i.e., not locking down their diagnostics like Deere does. Just a thought. Really interesting 11 minute documentary on this subject on YouTube - Tractor Hacking. The Right to Fix is a cause worth fighting for I think.

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #9  
You are right in wanting a bigger tractor, hold off until you can get one. It is a lot cheaper than buying twice. I know firsthand.

Get as many gears as you can and if you can swing it, go with the Deere M series if you want a Deere. Get the hydraulic Hi-Lo, once you have it you wont want to go without.

If you can locate one look at the LS 7040 CPS, it’s a 97 hp, 40 forward/20 reverse power shuttle with Hi/Lo. No DPF either. It would do all that you wanted in great comfort. I have the 88 hp version and It’s been problem free for 5 years and 600 hours.

TractorHouse.com | LS P7:mad:CPS For Sale - 5 Listings - Page 1.

/ Does Yanmar plan on building larger tractors? #10  
Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 3.12.39 PM.png

Well, this looks sweet. (from the video on YT330(J))