Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #11  
Norm:
Thank you but have you had direct success with what you suggest? Please let me know of examples from your own experience or of direct friends where they located parts that were "unavailable" by other means by chasing down the 150 dealers you suggest checking with. Isn't that what you have suggested to do? Is it what you would recommend or just an idea to toss around like welding the springs back together?

I am not trying to be at all terse but I never recommend to others "what I would not myself do" otherwise others would be led to take me as callous flipant and unreliable. I would be programming them to not even try to listen to what I say. Boy would that be far from my best interests and intentions!

ben

Suit yourself, you no-doubt know best:confused:.

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly!
Valleyman:
I do not get why you mixed up the first set of two quotes from different notes and then tried to make it look like you are not being ridiculous by trying to create issues. My notes are very clear but only to those who both pay attention and want to get the message intended.

I beg your pardon, do you really think I need your helping Norm in presenting what easily in likely to be poor advise and bad suggestions unless you present a rational basis in effectiveness for advising a whole **** of a lot of work! Please tell me why you feel such an approach has been helpful to you in the past? "Please the facts and only the facts Mam" (Dragnet)! That could tell me much about whether all these calls might even be half worth doing. That is the help I need with unusual suggestions that present possibilities instead of Probable solutions.

Respectfully

Now that's a funny interpretation of what they told you! :p

Look, you're the one with almost-a-tractor. Maybe some dealer will have that part to make your tractor whole. If four dealers told you there is no central registry of who has what, then it sounds like you still have 146 dealers to contact.

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #13  
My notes are very clear but only to those who both pay attention and want to get the message intended.

present a rational basis in effectiveness
You have two very experienced dealers and three long term readers of this forum all telling you the same thing. We've never heard of a solution to your problem.

And I (won't speak for others! :D) have many times seen a new owner appear here, announce he got a 'killer price' on a nearly functional tractor. Then INSIST that somebody here must have a solution to his problem. Think about that for a minute.

You got polite and sincere answers the first time you asked your question....

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #14  
If danny or hoye can't help him... He must be beyond help

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #15  
You didn't here that from this dealer, I told you I would get you the one that is available from Yanmar, but I can't get the one that Yanmar no longer sells.

Same here. We told him we have the 1 spring in stock but can't get the other & Yanmar says it is no longer sold.

Ben, this is really not that complicated. You have been told the same thing many times. One spring is available. One is no longer sold by Yanmar. There is a chance that a dealer somewhere may have one still setting on the shelf. If you want the spring bad enough you can try calling around. If you dont want it bad enough then I really don't see where you are going with this.

Aaron
Hoye Tractor Parts
Contact Us
(940)592-0181

Hey guys:
I am really starting to feel real comfortable here with all you august experienced experts saying I am on the wrong path and bound to have no chance at all of success. It has always been the same for me since birth with 3 older brothers. They always set the standards and suggested I would be crazy to try to even outdo them. The experts in accounting, real estate, medicine, surgery, tax, law and even mechanical work all have said time and again "But you can not do that!" Well Naysayers I have almost always just persistantly and religiously worked out the problems to prove the jackasses who were unmovable wrong as I slowly plodded like a tortoise winbning time and again.

I really love your sedentary pattern of approaches too. We will send the newbee on a "snipe hunt" and if he is wise enough to know better then we will suggest that he is foolish to not follow bad advise from great experts who can not even explain why they make such suggestions. How dare ME? Then we will both argue that he should make the 150 calls and that it is useless to make the calls too because the parts are not to be had. Always these big experts instead of showing the path towards excellence just lean on doing what is easy and convenient. I have to thank you all as you have truly made me smile by just how usual and self centered you have been like so many in the box people I have proven wrong for five plus decades. Please do keep up the good work as nothing pleases me more than to get such encouragement. Then when I fix this small problem I can laugh again at those presenting themselves as the great experts missing the most important virtues needed for great success.

By the way guys I probably own more tractors than anyone else who has written. Also I bought this tractor for reasonable money and working. I had no idea of this or other problems already fixed. I bought it from a friend who I have bought at least 10 tractors from before. I MYSELF have been working upon fixing the problems in way you all could not hardly imagine patiently already over almost 2 years till this is the only problem left to be addressed. For those of you thinking out loud and I have never sold one tractor though I am neither a collector nor restorer. Yes I am crazy but mainly like the fox!

I will sum up the help from you all to date. Danny at Parker, his own dealership, can get me the least important of the two springs. I will bet the tractor would operate with just the one spring no-one can find but not the smaller one he has located. All the rest of you togethger have not even addresses any real plausible practical location of any parts. The guy suggesting welding them together at least thought wrongly that his suggestion might reasonably work. I dobt seriously anyone who suggested 150 calls presenting NO BASIS would have seriously considered doing this themselvse. By the way Aces I will likely call all 150 but not certainly because you all presented this as a good idea. I would have ended up doing that in a clear hierarchy of choices ahead too complex for most of you to envision. Try to save bad suggestions and write to address finding some used parts if you sense constructive behavior. No one has even addressed the possibility of finding used parts. Is that because any idea not yours must be NO GOOD?
I have always volunteered to help others in ways that most of your egos would not even tolerate. As that is not about anyone or person at all.

ben

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #17  
ben,
You might try this site. They sell Yanmar Marine parts. When I searched their store, both numbers came up good. I would assume they might be the same parts.

They can only ship to certain areas of the US though due to Yanmar policy.

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #18  
Jerry, I don't know that a marine dealer could help unless he also serves construction equipment containing a powershift transmission (or similar).

As I understand it, the spring needed is the calibration portion of a hydraulic pressure metering valve. The purpose of the valve is gentle shifts in the powershift portion of the transmission. (Ben, did I get this right?)

But I guess at this point any lead is better than none.

Ben, I hope you can find a source for a used spring.

/ Need to find Used Yanmar YM276 parts very badly! #19  
The numbers are the same, I just hoped it might help him some.

I ordered two of each then called.
They aint got them. "They could not sell them to me if they had them!"

Is that a Yanmar deal???
Like JeepSea's site which says these are in stock. They have not even responded to email since they have no other contact info in a week plus. Their poor sites can not know what they have cause they do not even know nor what they have to order. They just take orders and HOPE they might find some way one day maybe months later to fill some (accidentally). Boy did they set a high hurdle to jump over for themselves. Talk about robust professionals peeing all over themselves.

ben

The numbers are the same, I just hoped it might help him some.