Tires 1610D Tires

/ 1610D Tires #1  

Crog

Just wondering about the availabililty of replacement tires. Fronts are 5x14, and rears are 8.3x22.

I gather that these are not likely to be stocked by the local tire shop or tractor supply. Are there other sizes that are easier to get that would fit these rims?

Do my tires have tubes?

I would just like to know for future reference.

Thanks,
Jeff

/ 1610D Tires #2  
I bought a couple of the 5x14 tires from a local Firestone dealer (search through the previous posts for the part number). They were not stocked locally, but came in a few days. As I remember, my rear tires are the same size as yours. I saw them on the Firestone website.

The fronts have tubes and I am pretty sure the rears do, also.

Since you tractor is 4WD, you must maintain the proper diameter ratios if you change sizes. From what I gathered while trying to find the 5x14s, you will have to change rim sizes if you want to change tire sizes.

reb

/ 1610D Tires #3  
If you find the 5x14s let us all know. If you don't ,I can put you on a waiting list I have for the next shipment I get. Send me your name and email address on the message service here.

/ 1610D Tires #4  
I know firestone makes 22inch back tires not sure if they are 8.3 or 9.5. a yanmar dealer near me had bought some to put on 1610D. its seems most homeowners loved the size of the tractor but thought the origanal rice tires would tear up there lawn. they are turf tires

/ 1610D Tires #5  
are 6x 14 out of the question?
does that throw the ratio off to much?
because they are a always in stock.
Ern.<><

/ 1610D Tires #6  
Several people have used the 6x14s. They haven't been on long enough to know if they hurt or not. I have always been told, if you have to miss match sizes you want the front to be the larger rather than the rear. They say it is better for the front to pull rather than be pushed. ( Don't ask me who
" they " are ).

/ 1610D Tires #7  
Firestone Ag wrote an article about this. The front should lead the back by 0% to 3% if I recall correctly.

A 6.00-12 is the same heigth as a 5-14 (although different brands with exact numbering are slightly different), but you would have to have wheels made to fit the bolt pattern with the correct offset to clear the steering knuckle. It probably wouldn't be too expensive to do through a company like Hey Wheel. About the time I decide to do this kaysupply always comes through with more 5-14's so I've never pursued it.

/ 1610D Tires #8  
I am also looking for rear tires for a 1610. Since mine is a 2 wheel drive tractor, lag or lead is not important. I would like turf tires since the rice tires are very aggressive on the soil. So far, no one has come up with information that helps. I keep hearing these tires are available, but not information that confirms this. Size is 8.3x22. Anyone with availability please comment.

Thanks,
Gary

/ 1610D Tires #9  
I am calling to check on my 5x14 shipment tomorrow, I'll ask about the 8.3x22. I seem to recall them being on the list. I had Hey make some wheels and put 16" very wide tires on a tractor. They were really neat.

/ 1610D Tires #10  
The Firestone turf tires mentioned above are 9.5x22, however, since you can fudge a little with the 2wd they do sell an 8.3x24 turf type tire. Not sure, but you might have the extra room for the 2 inches in height. It has a diamond tread most commonly seen on a compactor. I attached a picture.

I also found a place in Kansas that has them slightly used or new take-off's for about $100 each - might be worth a call. Their website is http://www.tiretown.com/diamond.htm

Attachments

• 49-220889-rtr_ans_tire.jpg
    49-220889-rtr_ans_tire.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 486