FX24D photos?

/ FX24D photos? #21  
Looks just like the one on my YM240 FWIW.

It should filter the oil just before it goes to the pump. Look to see if the larger diameter return line exits the opposite side of the transmission in line with this plate.

/ FX24D photos? #22  
View attachment 346089
GWSMITH or someone else with an FX24D, can you please verify something for me? Is the metal plate with three screws in this photo the cover for the hydraulic screen? This doesn't look the same as the cover that Hoye has, or what is in the manual. It looks like someone may have cut a piece of sheet metal and used some silicon sealant instead of using the replacement part. Thanks!

Been a while since I was under mine but I do believe you are correct.

/ FX24D photos? #24  
Winston - any idea what the V2 Loader can lift?

As far as the FX24 is concerned, technically you shouldn't have a FEL on it. With that said, I have one on mine and so far have never experienced any problems. Reason for my first comment, I've had my rig on a scale, found out how much weight is on each axle then did the math. from my calc, nothing on the 3pt and the bucket empty on the FEL, the stock front tires are at their rated max capacity. Have no info on what the axle capacity is. I've had ~600# in the bucket and no problems but the tires were looking way over loaded.

Due to the short wheelbase and how far ahead the bucket is from the front axle, for every lb in the bucket, the axle see 2# of added weight.

/ FX24D photos?
Thanks for the input on the screen cover. I pulled it and cleaned the screen. It looks like the flat piece they put in place doesn't hold the screen in the correct position to be most effective at filtering the oil. It looks like I will be making another Hoye order today.

While I have everything empty and apart, how often do you change the rubber hoses from the screen and to the filter?

/ FX24D photos? #26  
The flange that holds the screen in place has a cylindrical part built on it that should hold the screen. It has a close tolerance with the housing. That cylindrical part also has a hole that goes in the up position. This is where the power shift takes it's suction if I remember right. Not sure just what you have but wondering if your powershift pump is actually pulling suction through the screen? :confused3:

Here it is. http://www.hoyetractor.com/mm5/merc..._Code=HTE&Product_Code=IP-4555&Category_Code= Part number 194555-24220

I would change the filter hose based on hands on inspection.

Last edited:
   / FX24D photos?
What is this reservior, and what fluid should it have in it? Of course the cap says oil, and it does NOT have a dip stick. It is not full of fluid, but the gears appear to be adequately lubricated. mine 074.jpgmine 072.jpg

/ FX24D photos?
Also, I finally uploaded a couple videos to Youtube.

The first is a cold start:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUbgq0i3ta4. Notice no lights at startup. I haven't had time to trace that yet. All of the bulbs look good and I changed all of the fuses.

The second is a warm tractor at mid rpm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct2o4XATFzY. I held it at the higher rpm so you could hear the difference.

At low rpm there is a metallic knock. At high rpm it purrs. It seems to run great. It has been starting great and ready to go in this cold weather without pre-heating. Does it sound like I have anything to worry about: fuel injectors, pistons, rings?

/ FX24D photos? #29  
What is this reservior, and what fluid should it have in it? Of course the cap says oil, and it does NOT have a dip stick. It is not full of fluid, but the gears appear to be adequately lubricated.View attachment 350581View attachment 350582

I am not sure what I am seeing but believing that is a cap on the front gear housing. If so, engine oil goes in. It is just another acess to the crankcase. You can pour oil in there or on top of the rocker arm cover. Dip stick determines level.

/ FX24D photos? #30  
I am not sure what I am seeing but believing that is a cap on the front gear housing. If so, engine oil goes in. It is just another acess to the crankcase. You can pour oil in there or on top of the rocker arm cover. Dip stick determines level.

My 2002d sounds very similar to that on a cold crankup, just a little Yammer hammer. Personally, just listening to the video I don't hear anything unusual. Hopefully, we will get opinions from others.