ym2000 key

/ ym2000 key #1  

runningbird

Gold Member
Tractor
yanmar 1110d ,fx28d
Does anyone know where I can get a ignition key for a yanmar 2000, it's a 2 cyl and I just got it but I only have 1 key. I have no doubt that I will loose it within a month only because I don't have a backup.
thanks for the help
mark

/ ym2000 key #2  
Hoye tractor stocks them (Ad at the top of this thread) and other dealers have them too.

A good locksmith (not box stores) can match one up as well.

Mark777

/ ym2000 key #3  
Go to John Deere, and tell them you want a key for a John Deere 850, don't tell them it is for a Yanmar, and see if it isn't the same key. It was for mine. If I remember right it was around $5.00 for two keys, for that is the way they sell them.

/ ym2000 key
well I've looked at hoye tractor and can't seem to find one for a 2 cyl. am I missing it? also I have been to a few locksmiths in the area and they tell me it is a pre cut key and they don't have them..I will check at a john deer store. thanks

/ ym2000 key #5  
Sorry your correct...3 cylinder only.

I believe Dick's right on about the JD match. I forgot it's been so long since I had to buy any.

Mark

/ ym2000 key #6  
Hey Mark if you do go to John Deere DONT say Yanmar, I did and was told they never seen a key like the one I have, its for a 2610, so got on Ebay and found one just like it for a John Deere, I guess they have enough business. anyway just my input, good luck..Robert

/ ym2000 key
well thanks for all the help. I will go to a deere store. I'm sure i'll get the same help as always. oh you don't want to buy a new 20k tractor, well see if someone else can help you....not much help here in phoenix.
mark

/ ym2000 key #8  
runningbird,

The ym2000 is reported to be the equivalent of the ym240.
The ym240 was made for the usa market.
Have you considered looking for a ym240 key to check to see if you can match it with your ym2000 key ?

Just a suggestion.

corey

/ ym2000 key #9  
Or, you could just call Hoye tractor and have one tomorrow!

/ ym2000 key
you know I think I will call hoye tomorrow and ask. thanks for all the help. this is my first tractor and I'm havin a blast.
mark