Zetor 4341

/ Zetor 4341
My parents used to sell Zetors in the early to mid 90's. I don't think we ever had an un happy customer. My grandfather even used a few on his farm, along with a few Massey's and JD's. I loved the old 5211 and 7211 we had, pretty much what I learned to drive/operate on when I was growing up. Can't remember any common problems with Zetors in general, I'll ask my folks if they can remember any when I see them tomorrow.

Oh, and if I remember right, I believe Zetor was made in the Czech Republic.

thanks!

/ Zetor 4341 #22  
Traktory | Zetor

Since the years was all I could read of the history I gather the tractor production may have started after WWII. Mine seemed to show a lot for German engineering. It had the split heads so you did not have to pull but one cylinder head at a time.

/ Zetor 4341 #23  
History - ZETOR TRACTORS a. s.

Here's some in English..

I guess the ones I remember were much older than these. Our models looked more like these:

zetor.jpg

Zetor_8045.jpg

Not much to look at but man those things were un-killable!

/ Zetor 4341 #24  
1.1 billion is a lot of tractors built and sold around the world since 1946. This is one reason I rate Zetor has one of the top three builders of tractors in value. It is unreal how they can transfer so much weight from the implements to the rear drive wheels.

The top photo was very similar to my 1992. It was the lower to the ground version with a down draft exhaust and muffler set up.

/ Zetor 4341 #25  
We have bought 3 zetors (all used) for work on our sheep farm: a 6911, 7045, and 5211, and still have them today. the brakes, electrical, and fuel filter "mesh" were our only gripes, otherwise they have been very tough, reliable, and economical tractors. just a few years ago we bought a Claas tractor brand new and have had issues with the fuel pump and clutch which cost us around 1800euro for repairs alone in a tractor which had done only 1400hrs (not to mention the excessive cost of special oils and filters for maintenance). if we'd had known any better we would have just bought the new forterra's or proximas. the new zetor majors look like a nice tractor, but they are using the same tranny as the competition (carraro transmission) so they are no longer a "heavier" tractor for their class. overall very underrated tractors...

/ Zetor 4341
We have bought 3 zetors (all used) for work on our sheep farm: a 6911, 7045, and 5211, and still have them today. the brakes, electrical, and fuel filter "mesh" were our only gripes, otherwise they have been very tough, reliable, and economical tractors. just a few years ago we bought a Claas tractor brand new and have had issues with the fuel pump and clutch which cost us around 1800euro for repairs alone in a tractor which had done only 1400hrs (not to mention the excessive cost of special oils and filters for maintenance). if we'd had known any better we would have just bought the new forterra's or proximas. the new zetor majors look like a nice tractor, but they are using the same tranny as the competition (carraro transmission) so they are no longer a "heavier" tractor for their class. overall very underrated tractors...

Thanks for the review... I ve had my Zetor close to a month and Ive had a couple problems with the battery not holding a charge... if I try to crank it for more than two 30sec intervals I have to charge the battery. I was told it was a new battery(the problem Im having might be why it's a new battery). I then realized if I hand pump the injector pump it will start quicker, the past few times Ive done this I didnt have to charge the battery to complet the start up, I have an aftermarket electric fuel/transfer pump too I thought it would compensate for the hand pump? Ive been having to hand pump in an <24hr period after running... do I have a vac leak? the hand pump doesnt get hard either... even after 20 pumps... is this normal? thanks

/ Zetor 4341 #27  
Thanks for the review... I ve had my Zetor close to a month and Ive had a couple problems with the battery not holding a charge... if I try to crank it for more than two 30sec intervals I have to charge the battery. I was told it was a new battery(the problem Im having might be why it's a new battery). I then realized if I hand pump the injector pump it will start quicker, the past few times Ive done this I didnt have to charge the battery to complet the start up, I have an aftermarket electric fuel/transfer pump too I thought it would compensate for the hand pump? Ive been having to hand pump in an <24hr period after running... do I have a vac leak? the hand pump doesnt get hard either... even after 20 pumps... is this normal? thanks

if its anything like our tractors, its an open system, which means that any fuel your pumping in bypasses back to the tank, the lift pump is not meant for building pressure but for supplying fuel to the injector pump (no vac assist from engine). its at the injector pump that the fuel is actually "pressurized". the fuel system in these machines is crudely simple, but still crude. that being said we also have to prime the machines after the tractor has been sitting for more than a day. on our older units (7045 and 6911) there is actually a direct injection bypass on the injector pump (a circular like button on the injector pump) which is activated by setting the throttle to >50% and then pushing the button in (it will click). doing this and pumping a 4 or 5 times at the lift pump almost gaurantees that the tractor will start up. on our 5211 the injector pump no longer has this bypass. wish i could be more help, but if its starting better after priming then i would imagine that its loosing prime in the tank to pump circuit, but your aftermarket el. pump should have overcome this problem. is it possible that the after market pump itself is restricting flow to the actual lift pump?

/ Zetor 4341
I was kinda thinking the after market LP could be restricting flow.... I need to do some testing to find out... Thanks for the info .... Seems like there's always trial and error with any new equipment :)

Last edited:
   / Zetor 4341 #29  
I was kinda thinking the after market LP could be restricting flow.... I need to do some testing to find out... Thanks for the info .... Seems like there's always trial and error with any new equipment :)

its kinda wierd because an El. pump supply's a continuous flow of fuel while the lift pump pulses a rubber bladder to "suck" fuel in. these maybe mutually working against each other... then again im not entirely sure...

/ Zetor 4341 #30  

Sorry to hear you are having issues. I can't help much with diagnosing the problem, but just wanted to say, I have never had to use my manual pump, even with temps in the teens. The only time I've had issues with my battery are when it's really cold out, but if it will turn it over a couple of times, it always starts. I hope you get it figured out soon.