hpx with toyota alternator

/ hpx with toyota alternator #1  

TOMMYHPX4X4

Veteran Member
Tractor
gator hpx 4x4
this is my hpx with a toyota alternator i'm rigging up. i'm almost finished.all i have left to do is finish the cover and sand the brackets and paint them.at idol.i'm registering 14.1/2 volts and and a total of 92 to 95 amps at mid to high idol.i have two batteries on stock battery and one deep cycle marine battery. i have them both hooked up to the alternator plus i have the stock charging system still hooked up too/ the alternator is putting out around 70/75 amps and the stock system is putting out 22 amps.i also have my power inverter that i am installing with two 110 ac outlets for ac power and i'm also installing a few more dc outlets in various places arond the hpx.so no matter where i'm at i have a outlet at my disposal.
1002542ra6.jpg

1002534sp0.jpg

/ hpx with toyota alternator #3  
Tommy, you are without a doubt, the GatorHPX Guru. Good job!

/ hpx with toyota alternator
thanks for the compliment but i ain't finished yet. i am thinkin of trying to add some kinda pto takeoff to them three holes on the flywheel pulley for a hydro pump maybe.that's if i keep that pulley on there i was thinkin of goin with a bigger pulley so it would spin the alternator faster at when the hpx was idoling but i guess i got some testing to do.

/ hpx with toyota alternator #5  
Looks like a great idea. How much horsepower do think it will take to run your new alternator. I'm looking at the new Cub Cadet 4x4 and will probably purchase it with the high output (90 amps I believe) alternator. Unfortunately, it is nearly $500.00. The 20 hp Kohler only has a 15 amp rating and I didn't think that was enough for the extra lights I would install.

How much do you think you have invested in yours?

/ hpx with toyota alternator
well the kit cost me 124.00 and the alternator cost 35,00 and the belt cost 3.50.but i.m gonna make a kit for the hpx's that way it will bring the brice down to 125.00 totaland that would be with a bigger alternator and a total of 130 amps. as for hp loss i didn't really notice that much of a loss because it's a real small alternator and the pulley is small but is i go with the bigger one i'm sure it will drop some but i don't have a dyno soi can't give a accurate estimate.but for what it's worth i would give up that one or two hp for that added power in the coming months i have been thinking of boreing out my cylinders on my hpx to see how much more hp i can get out of it. but thats just a thought.i plan on starting a company and selling all this stuff for th hpx when i'm done to list off what i am workin on and what is gooing to be done
***1.light rack
***2.rops rack
3. front rack
4.over haed console
5.clutch enclosure(deisel) trying to find a deisel unit to use as a templet!
6.bed extender
***7.bed rails
8.bed rack for carrying a boat on top the hpx(canoe/pirogue)
9.running boards made out of pipe but they run all the way to the back tires so they way you will have to extra storage compartments infront each rear tire.
10.another storage compartment under the rops rack being storage is always needed on these utv's
11.winch bracket for the rops for pulling loads like deere and stuff like that into the bed of the deer. i seen to many times pictures of two and three hunters trying to load a big mule deer into there utv and they had to tilt the bed and then they all had to strain to get the animal in there . well this way all you do is put a strap around him and push a button.and you can use the same winch to raise the bed to dump it.

the name of the company is gonna be simple (The Fab Shop ).so if you see something on my hpx you like it is for sale.lol

/ hpx with toyota alternator #7  
I know this thread is old, but I'm trying to do this same thing and am having a helluva time finding the pulley. It's on the parts diagrams, but no part number. My JD dealer has tried to locate the p/n as well and is striking out. Can anyone help?