Who makes the motor?

/ Who makes the motor? #1  

mowpower

So what or who makes the diesel motors in the bobcat? IS Bobcat an American Company? I see the headquarters is Fargo, ND. I know the cats are Kioti in white. Just trying to get some of this straight.
Thanks Jeff

/ Who makes the motor? #2  
Actually, Kioti and Bobcat are both made by Daedong Industrial in Korea and the motor is also made by Daedong. You will hear it is a Kubota motor, or a copy of a Kubota but it is not. Daedong started in the diesel engine business before Kubota, in 1951 I think.

/ Who makes the motor? #3  
So what or who makes the diesel motors in the bobcat? IS Bobcat an American Company? I see the headquarters is Fargo, ND. I know the cats are Kioti in white. Just trying to get some of this straight.
Thanks Jeff

No, it is owned by Daewoo, South Korean.

/ Who makes the motor? #7  
Is that also the case with the construction type equipment, ie skid steer loaders, excavators?

/ Who makes the motor? #8  
Is that also the case with the construction type equipment, ie skid steer loaders, excavators?

No, just the compact utility tractor line. I'm not sure about the construction equipment other then they are not made by Daedong.

If you go onto the Kioti website, they actually have a couple videos that show the manufacturing facility in SK.

/ Who makes the motor? #10  
Man I just went to the Bobcat site and the compact tractors are identical to my Kioti as far as chassis/rear end design. Also the look for inside the cab is identical to the Kioti plus or minus a couple buttons.