Put a snow plow on the loader.

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Been wanting to put a plow on the MX. The last few years I have been plowing my drive at the house and shop with the rear blade on my old L3400, which does a nice job. But now that I got the MX, SSQA, and a diverter, it was time to put an actual plow on.

Rather than buying a ~$120 blank SSQA plate......or trying to fab one......I though.......Why not just use my pallet fork frame?

So thats what I did. I had to browse Craigslist and found a pretty good deal on a 7.5 poly plow locally. I didnt want to use my truck plow, even though its the same meyer mount. Dont want to cross contaminate my tractor hydraulic fluid in with my truck plow pump.

Here is the end results:

IMG_20161209_175440264.jpgIMG_20161209_175443139.jpgIMG_20161209_175451885.jpgIMG_20161209_175504543.jpg

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #2  
That is very impressive! I don't know if you have added this to a hundred and one uses of forks post, but you should. My only wish is that I had seen this simple solution years ago.

/ Put a snow plow on the loader.
Yep, I added a link to here in that thread

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #4  
You are going to be impressed on how nice that works.Very similar to mine.

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #5  
Nice :thumbsup: like the reach distance from tires to plow in case you have to push snow back or high still able keep on flat ground.

Nice :thumbsup: like the reach distance from tires to plow in case you have to push snow back or high still able keep on flat ground.

It does have a good bit of reach. But thats actually as close as I can get it to the tractor without modifying the plows a-frame.

I wanted to not molest the plow. Keep it original incase I need it for a backup, or ever decide to sell it. As well as make the tractor mount where it will fit any other meyer plow of classic design. All about compatibility, Even though using a STP7.5 meyer on a 1-ton DRW would look pretty goofy, especially when I have a c8.5 + wings now......if something happens.......its better than nothing for a backup

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #7  
Great idea, love it. Only difference "I" would have done is to put that block where the plow locks into "on the bottom" (underneath) your fork QA. It would give you more height with the loader arms to ground distance and your plow will be closer to ground level. But thats just me.:thumbsup:

Great idea, love it. Only difference "I" would have done is to put that block where the plow locks into "on the bottom" (underneath) your fork QA. It would give you more height with the loader arms to ground distance and your plow will be closer to ground level. But thats just me.:thumbsup:

Putting the blocks under, and welding them on, would have posed an issue with the pallet forks. Those blocks would be gouging the ground when trying to use the pallet forks.

As it is now, I can get the plow a-frame level (so it remains level when angling) and still have the loader arms ~6" off the ground. So no worries.

The hardest part to get used to about using this plow, is that there is no reference point. I have to look everytime to make sure I am lowering the plow to the same spot every time, where as when mounted on a truck, the hitch part dont move, its just lower and go. If I dont pay attention and get the level the same everytime, when angling the plow dont remain level. IT will take some practice. Instead of holes, I should have cut slots in the lower pin holes. That way It would offer some degree of side to side tilt to contour to the ground better, or take the error out of it If I dont lower to the same spot everytime.

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #9  
Ahh, your right, didn't think of them.:p

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #10  
LD1 if something happens.......its better than nothing for a backup[/QUOTE said:
Same thoughts as you when it comes to back up,pickup 7.5 plow and Kubota 8' plow w/scraper blade. :thumbsup: