Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders

/ Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders #1  

bdhsfz6

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800 HST & L6060 HSTC Formerly L6060 HST B7100 HST, L2550, L3010 HST, L3430 HST
I do a lot of work on a private gravel road with considerable neighborhood traffic and rear view mirrors are a must. I've tried many mirror schemes on my Kubotas over the years and this one has worked out best for me. It's a simple bracket which allows a Jeep Wrangler mirror to attach to the upper FEL mounting frame. The bracket fit on the FEL's of my old L3010 & L3430 and more recently on my L6060 & MX5800. It should fit the FEL's on most Kubota L and MX series tractors. The mirror does come off when the FEL is removed but in my case, that almost never happens. I just remove the bucket to avoid clearance problems.

Mir 1.JPG The brackets are made from a 6" long piece of 3 1/2" X 1/4" angle iron cut as shown

Mir 2.JPG I used Jeep Wrangler mirrors because they are cheap, <$25 each, readily available and very flexible. They will fold in almost any direction.

Mir 3a.jpg The only FEL modification are 2 - 1/4 inch holes drilled in the upper FEL support frame.

Mir 4.JPG One mirror is a help but I find using 2 gives me a clear view to the rear. The mirrors are far enough outboard to avoid interference by the ROPS but are still inboard of the tires.

The Jeep mirrors fold out of the way and can be easily removed for doing woods work. The project cost around $50 and took 2 hours to complete excluding paint. No welding is required but the use of a metal cutting band saw or cutting torch is necessary.

/ Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders #2  
Nice job!! There is nothing equal to a simple well thought out mod that works well.

/ Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders #3  
This just got added to my list.
Great,well thought out execution and explanation of your mod!

/ Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders #4  
Very nice job:thumbsup:

/ Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders #5  
Yep!
Now I know where to bolt my windscreen project to now!

JW5875

/ Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders
Yep!
Now I know where to bolt my windscreen project to now!

JW5875

When bolting anything to this part of the FEL frame, check the clearance to the FEL arms when fully raised. There isn't much room in there. In my case, I drilled and tapped the mirror bracket to avoid the use of nuts and washers.

Mir 3a.jpg

You may also have to replace the OEM 45 with a 90 degree grease zerk on the upper pivot pin.

/ Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders #7  
Sure hope ya don’t mind.
Stole that idea and off to the auto parts store. Exactly what I was looking for.
Although my tractor is a New Holland the FEL arms are nearly identical
Great work.
B. John

/ Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders #8  
Great :) I guess these 2 holes can double as support to a future roof??? :) :) :)

/ Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders
Great :) I guess these 2 holes can double as support to a future roof??? :) :) :)

With Kubota removable LA FEL's this post is part of the FEL. Be aware that it comes off when the FEL is removed. I'm not sure if this is true on other tractors but it could be a problem if used to support a roof on some Kubota models.

/ Rear View Mirror Project for Kubota ROPS tractors with LA Loaders #10  
Nice install...

I also needed mirrors but was not ready to go that large, so, took the KISS approach and used a spot mirror.

Amazed at how much difference it made. Total installation time was about 3 seconds.

Beverly Howard

TractorSpotMirror.jpg