Swing Away Barbecue Mount

/ Swing Away Barbecue Mount #1  

Big Barn

Tractor
More than 40 over the years. Ten at any one time. Mostly Ford and New Holland
This build it yourself project will be presented in reverse order as it was built 10 years ago and dismantled today.

I wanted to be able to use my barbecue year round by standing inside my kitchen. I needed to make it swing 90 degrees so I still had door egress and have the option of outdoor use.

IMG_1377.JPGIMG_1379.JPG

I scrapped the original mobile stand, built a new subframe and used an old tv swivel wall mount bracket and lagged it to a post.

IMG_1381.JPG

Fast forward to today

A combination of reduced meat consumption, BBQ needing new burners and grates, and running out of propane (for the LAST frickin’ time) convinced me that my grilling days are OVER!

IMG_1382.JPG

I bought myself a cast iron fry pan to sear the odd steak (and finish in the oven) so stick a fork in me as I’m DONE.

Last edited:
   / Swing Away Barbecue Mount #3  
You will miss cleaning grates.

/ Swing Away Barbecue Mount #4  
This build it yourself project will be presented in reverse order as it was built 10 years ago and dismantled today.

I bought myself a cast iron fry pan to sear the odd steak (and finish in the oven) so stick a fork in me as I知 DONE.

I’m guessing a patio umbrella was too much trouble. :laughing: That was a rather clever approach. When I have time, I grill everything from scrambled eggs to a roast turkey (if it doesn’t get smoked). I use a big green egg and a wood fired rig I built myself. Last night was yellow squash chips, green tomatoes and chicken.

/ Swing Away Barbecue Mount #5  
Our gas grill decided to overheat and send flames out the lid this week, the valve assembly got hot enough to melt two of the knobs inside so they would not turn. I have had enough weirdness from grills over the years that being able to grab them and wheel them further away from house when needed just seems like a good idea...