pto will not engage

/ pto will not engage #1  

rsbobcat67

Tractor
1042 cub cadet
whats the best way to check if the clutch went out or if there is another problem. on my cub cadet

/ pto will not engage #2  
There are a number of threads here about pto's cutting out, and not working the way they should. Lots of possible causes, most common is usually related to wiring, and those **** safety switches. You didn't give much info on your mower, but I doubt that the clutch is shot. My LT1050 is in it's 11th season of mowing, and has 1,055 hours on it, pto is the original one and still works fine. I have had to hunt down, and repair bad electrical connections relating to it's operation though.

Wow, I got censored....the missing word starts with d

/ pto will not engage #3  
Yeah, the censor bot is kinda heavy-handed - it won't even let you use assembly - :laughing:...Steve

(I'll be durned :D - maybe somebody figured it out, that used to show up as ***embly)

/ pto will not engage #4  
You'll need to trace back the two wires coming from the clutch to a handy connector/test point and then use a voltmeter or test light to determine if you're getting power to the clutch. Keep in mind that you'll have to either be in the seat or jumper across the seat switch, and not be in reverse nor have a short anywhere on the reverse switch wire. I have read somewhere that the clutch takes quite a bit of power to engage and hold (4amps IIRC), so a good battery and clean connections are also important.

- Jay

/ pto will not engage #5  
With the motor off and the switch on, brake off, weight on the seat, you should hear a click. No clicky, no turny.