drawbar lock???

/ drawbar lock??? #1  

wksinatl

Bronze Member
Tractor
case IH 485
I saw a picture of a drawbar lock (not sure that is the right term) that keeps the drawbar from spinning when using a trailer hitch ball on the 3ph drawbar. I have done the search but can't find it. Any ideas where to get one?

thanks,
Keith

/ drawbar lock??? #2  
If you have a Tractor Supply Co. in Atlanta, I know they carry them.

/ drawbar lock??? #3  
If you do a google for ssb tractor/trailer supplies you can navigate their site and see a picture/drawing. As I recall they cost about $20.00.

/ drawbar lock??? #4  
I bought one like the attached picture off eBay for $19.99

Attachments

• 725857-draw_bar_lock.jpg
    725857-draw_bar_lock.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 954
   / drawbar lock??? #5  
Here is another type...... don't know where to purchase it...

Attachments

• 725964-DrawBarLock3.jpg
    725964-DrawBarLock3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,316
   / drawbar lock???
caylor,
I called TSC nearby and was told they don't sell them. After reading your post I got out my TSC catalog and found one. They don't stock it but will have it in about a week. It costs 15.95.

thanks for all the help guys!

Keith

/ drawbar lock??? #7  
For a few welding rods and a walk around the scrap metal pile you can build a drawbar lock VERY easilly.

Here's the first one i made a few years ago.

v801.jpg

Here's a more 'perty' one that works just as well.

v2153.jpg

2nd view
v2154.jpg

Both designs work. 1st one was a scrap piece of rebar and 2 scrap pieces of ibeam.. a big bolt, washer and nut

2nd design was 1/4" flat plat with tabs cut out and welded on.. and a big washer for the drawbar pin to go thru as a 'guide'.

I've tried them both.. as a pair or singlely ( is that a word? ).. both work fine on my N tractors totine a 16' trailer with a total load of about 3700# .. no problems..

Took about 15 minutes to build each bracket, plus the scrap metal.. plus a few welding rods..

Soundguy

Soundguy

/ drawbar lock??? #8  
Junk- I bought one of those on ebay. There are about 6 listings at any one time. Cost about $16 and works great as long as you aren't using some type of quick hitch.
drawbar lock link

/ drawbar lock??? #9  
Hi Keith,

I don't know what kind of tractor you have, but if you have extendable 3PH arms like what comes on a Kubota B2910, the TSC drawbar lock will not work on the tractor without modifications.

/ drawbar lock??? #10  
Same is true of a TN from NH. The adjustable link ends are just to big for any of the locks I have found.

My solution was to get a 2 5/16" ball (10,000 lb) with a long shank. You can order then off the internet or perhaps at a local trailer shop. I think the one I have is 3" long and has enough space to go through the draw bar, and still leave enough thread for a washer and bolt.
I then just mount this on the large hole at the end of the fixed drawbar. Use an impact wrench to take it off and on as needed, since many ag implemets use just a pin and the ball must be removed.

Fred