Conversion to Alternator

/ Conversion to Alternator #1  

stolaire

Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 135
I have a 1968 MF 135 which has been fitted with an alternator with a built-in regulator. I had it wired using the original dynamo loom but I now want to fit a new loom and am having difficulty figuring out where everything goes.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram or any advice?

/ Conversion to Alternator #2  
Advice?

wire the loom and tape off or terminate any connections for the old genny.

if the alternator is a delco 10SI 3 wire, then it will have a charge stud and a 2 blade connection.. labeled #1 and #2

now.. tell me if it is a gasser or diesel?

does it have a charge indicator lamp? ammeter or both?

soundguy

/ Conversion to Alternator
Thanks Soundguy,

It is a 1968 diesel and I had fitted a two-wire alternator with a built in regulator a few years ago, using the original loom and it worked fine. Now I have done some work on the tractor and want to replace the loom as the old one is in bad condition. I bought a loom that is designed for an alternator but I think it is for one with an external regulator. I have figured out where some of the wiring goes but am not sure about some more. I have done a lot of searching but cannot find a wiring diagram.

It has the original ammeter and I had fitted a charge light but at this stage I am taking out all of the old stuff and starting from new, using the new loom and the two-wire alternator.

Any help greatly appreciated.

P.J.

/ Conversion to Alternator #4  
Thanks Soundguy,

It is a 1968 diesel and I had fitted a two-wire alternator with a built in regulator a few years ago, using the original loom and it worked fine. Now I have done some work on the tractor and want to replace the loom as the old one is in bad condition. I bought a loom that is designed for an alternator but I think it is for one with an external regulator. I have figured out where some of the wiring goes but am not sure about some more. I have done a lot of searching but cannot find a wiring diagram.

It has the original ammeter and I had fitted a charge light but at this stage I am taking out all of the old stuff and starting from new, using the new loom and the two-wire alternator.

Any help greatly appreciated.

P.J.

Here's the alternator circuit for my 1964 MF135 diesel. Mine is a one-wire alternator setup with internal regulator

MF135 wiring(RJS--) (Small).jpg

I added a large green LED in the oil pressure switch circuit so I get a visual indication that I have good oil pressure.

MF135 wiring-green LED (Small).jpg

Hope this helps.

/ Conversion to Alternator #5  
Oops. Here're the upright diagrams.
MF135 wiring(RJS--) (Small).jpg

MF135 wiring-green LED (Small).jpg

/ Conversion to Alternator #6  
in the end you can just add the alt wireing in as an afterthought.

charge wire to ammeter load side, other side of ammeter to bat.

if it needs an exciter.. use the ignition switch.. or the oil sender style exciteer.

soundguy