3pt snowblowers

/ 3pt snowblowers #21  
I can vouch for the Buhler/Farm King 740. They sure seem to be well made. only used mine one season so far but really like it.

/ 3pt snowblowers #22  
Well, since you are a Kubota guy, I would recommend the Frontire SB1174.:thumbsup:

The only thing wrong with the unit, in your eyes, is that it is Green. Nothing a can of Kubota red can't fix.:D

Actually.... Kubota has their version of the SB1174/B74. Kubota calls it the L2674. Identical in every respect minus the paint & decals.

/ 3pt snowblowers #23  
Actually.... Kubota has their version of the SB1174/B74. Kubota calls it the L2674. Identical in every respect minus the paint & decals.

There you go right there. Quality unit.

When I priced mine out the Meteor came in $100 MORE than the Frontier blower.

I wonder why the Kubota dealer didn't give him a price on the Kubota unit.?? I would think it would be less money and a better built unit.??

/ 3pt snowblowers #24  
I don't see how anyone can use one of these driving in reverse all the time...:confused:

/ 3pt snowblowers #27  
I don't see how anyone can use one of these driving in reverse all the time...:confused:

When you think about what the task can accomplish it's an awesome implement....for way less money than a front unit.:thumbsup:

And, when you think about it, ALL 3pt. implements are at the rear of the tractor and need to be watched carefully....some more closely than others. If using a top 'n' tilt your eyes are fixed back there.

So, don't be narrow minded and think a 3pt. snowblower is much different than any other attachment. (please don't take that comment personally)

/ 3pt snowblowers #28  
I went and looked at the blower that was listed on craigslist. It is a Gruetts unit, I couldn't find much info on the web about them but I did find a implement dealer that went by the same name so I called them. It turns out that they make snowblowers, although they no longer make anything under 84", they said that about 7 years ago they quit making the smaller units but they still do make larger units for tractors 70-250hp. But the parts are still avalible for the 72" that I looked at. They also said that brand new it sold for 1700, and now it should be worth roughly 1200.

Then I desided to call the Kubota dealer to see what they had to offer. They sell Meteor snowblowers, for a 75" with hyd chute the price is $2800. I also called a friend who is a salesman at the JD dealer, he was out of the office but is suppossed to work up some numbers call me.

FWIW, I have yet to hear anything good about Meteor, although most blowers are just about an identical design. That being said, look at unit weight - heavier means thicker steel and therefore more rugged. The exception to that is Lorenz - probably the best blower going IMHO, even though I didn't get one - they have a unique design that looks like it could eat a car.

Don't concern yourself with what other posters paid for their blowers - prices have just about doubled on snowblowers over the last couple of years between the increased price of steel and the 30% increase in Canadian exchange rate (there's just about all made in Canada). I picked up a low-use used 72" Econor blower earlier this summer w/ dual chute hydraulics for $1350 (with a 72" Woods grading blade thrown in for free) via Craig's list. I had to repair a seized chain tensioner from it's sitting outside for 3 years, and had to clean up the drive chain a bit, but everything else was is great shape. Now all I have to do is plumb in a couple of remotes so I can actually use the hydraulics...

JayC