Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #281  
SRS: I envy you that rig: especially the cab! I live just down the road from you, and remember those two storms all too well! Did you get your tractor from Hickory? I have an older B8200, with a blade on the back and a bucket on the front. I wound up getting chains when I just couldn't get enough grunt to dig into the piles of snow on the sides of our lane, which I had cleared to about 7-8' wide... but the oil truck, which we desperately needed, wanted about 10' of clearance to get up the hill, thru the woods, to our house. Now, if I just had that cab... (with heat- what an invention!)

Varmint
Interesting chains you have. What do they look like on the inside side of the tires? Do they drop down that far on the inside?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #282  
SRS: I envy you that rig: especially the cab! Did you get your tractor from Hickory? I have an older B8200, with a blade on the back and a bucket on the front.

Varmint Thank you. I used to have the B1550 which was the best tractor I ever owned. I had the B6200 before that. The B1550 is identical to the B6200 except for new sheet metal. What a beast! I too had the back blade and loader on both the 6200 and 1550. I had chains on the rear but they were real cheap ones not like what you have. Yours look really nice. I don't think I have room for chains on the rear unless I get the kit to move the tires out. Oh and no I bought the B3030 from Messicks. My friend Chuck bought a L3240 HST from Hickory and thought they gave him a very good price.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #283  
I don't have a snowblower. If I could find a super deal ( like next to nothing or free, ha! ) then I would have one.

I'm an idiot stuck on Monday morning.:confused2:

Here I thought you had the blower. Duh.??

Still, a nice rig for a fair price.

Snow please.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #284  
Beenthere: The view from the inside is a lot cleaner- just an inner circle, maybe 8" down from the outer circumference of the tire. I took that photo just after first installing the chains- I took them off, shortened the end chain, and took a couple links out so they fit more centered now. So, they look a lot less cluttered now. I decided I had to have them after the blizzard of '10, which was poor timing on my part, since everybody was pretty much sold out of basic chains that would fit. These cost a little more than I wanted to spend, but they are premium chains, and I am really happy with them, so I guess the original cost will be forgotten over time. Turns out that a lot of fire trucks use them. One of the nice things is how smooth they are over pavement.

Of course, it may not snow this coming winter- but I am ready if it does. I plan on coating my rear blade with graphite, too, after I clean it and spray paint it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #285  
Of course, it may not snow this coming winter- but I am ready if it does. I plan on coating my rear blade with graphite, too, after I clean it and spray paint it.

Is the graphite to get the snow to slide off the blade better/quicker?

If so how well does it work and where to get it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #287  
Cool Thread! Wish I had a good picture to add, but not yet!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #288  
Hopefully this thread stays alive another week or 2. Then I can post pics of mine. My M-7040 is on a jobsite cutting in a new stone driveway and regrading a building lot for my customer.

Then I'm bringing it home to get ready for plowing. Just picked up a new road with 10 driveways that have to be plowed. :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #289  
Finally pulled my plow out of the woods and got my weapons to stand for a photo. Wife thinks I'm wacko. :laughing:
We certainly have a large assortment of snow fighting equipment here !
Here is mine.

Attachments

• SnowWeapons.JPG
    SnowWeapons.JPG
    638.7 KB · Views: 652
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #290  
Gordon Gould,
Nice collection....what would your wife say if you didn't have all that equiptment and she couldn't get out to go shopping!
We have friends in Morris,VT.You need it all my friend.:thumbsup: