Who makes Agri Supply's "Tillovator" tillers

/ Who makes Agri Supply's "Tillovator" tillers #21  
I have been in the machinery sales business for over 34 years and have sold many Caroni FL1200-1400 etc. before a lot of you guys were born. The Caroni, does not come close in quality to the Phoenix, First Choice and Sicma roto tillers. King Kutter, Tarter and Hawkline are way above quality comparted to Caroni. Ken Sweet

/ Who makes Agri Supply's "Tillovator" tillers #22  
they have exactly the same number (42) and are spaced the same. The pictures on the webstie are deceiving. The KK shown is a 6 or 7 foot model no matter which one of their units you click on. The no name brand is a photo of a 4 foot model and not the 5ft which I am looking at.

Ok, that makes more sense. I'm glad you already checked it out.

/ Who makes Agri Supply's "Tillovator" tillers
I have been in the machinery sales business for over 34 years and have sold many Caroni FL1200-1400 etc. before a lot of you guys were born. The Caroni, does not come close in quality to the Phoenix, First Choice and Sicma roto tillers. King Kutter, Tarter and Hawkline are way above quality comparted to Caroni. Ken Sweet

Thanks Ken, that helps me narrow it down.

I found the manufacturer of the red "tillovators" from Agri-supply. It is Suzho Jinding Machine Mfg. Company. Here is a link...
SuZhou Jinding Machinery Manufacturing Co.,ltd.

Same specs as the King Kutter, even has the same model number!

King Kutter link King Kutter Incorporated

They both have cast iron gear boxes and the frames are nearly identical except for the bolted together 3pt A-frame that I mentioned earlier.

/ Who makes Agri Supply's "Tillovator" tillers #25  
King Kutter has made that tiller for many years, and it is a tried and true design that they can make and sell for a reasonable cost. You'll see several "knock-offs" as others copy the general look of KK to capitalize on their success. We saw TSC try it with their first attempt at a private label tiller made in China a couple years ago. Dark Horse. They sold it as having "interchangeable parts with KK tillers" but buyers soon found that to be untrue. Many of those tillers didn't make it though an hours work before failing. Many had broken tines before they were sold. I don't like the copy-cats, and especially when they are cheap imports. There are enough good brands to chose from, and if you can't find one from a local dealer there are dealers who are members on this site who provide a great selection at a good price delivered to your door. On top of that, they provide parts and service for what they sell.

/ Who makes Agri Supply's "Tillovator" tillers #26  
Before you start trashing Caroni, Ken, their largest customer is Mercedes-Benz. Caroni also does the stamping for KUHN disc mowers and Fort as well.

Sicma does make some of the models for AGRI-SUPPLY.

The TARTER GATE tillers are basically a Chinese tiller assembled and painted in KY.

/ Who makes Agri Supply's "Tillovator" tillers #27  
Before you start trashing Caroni, Ken, their largest customer is Mercedes-Benz. Caroni also does the stamping for KUHN disc mowers and Fort as well.

Sicma does make some of the models for AGRI-SUPPLY.

The TARTER GATE tillers are basically a Chinese tiller assembled and painted in KY.

I would not dare trash Italian made tillers. I love Caroni, right behind Sicma, IMHO, Any Italian made tiller is way better than a Turkish or Chinese tiller, because they have been sold for so long in the US market and parts are easily available through a nationwide dealer network. You do remember selling Sicma/First Choice tillers for Buysmart and telling the buyer/dealers how good they were? Ken Sweet

/ Who makes Agri Supply's "Tillovator" tillers #28  
Georgia jeff,
I wish I would have seen your post a couple days ago. One of the TSC stores in my area has new 5' kk for $1399 plus I had a coupon that expired March 13 for 10% off making the unit $1260. I would not buy one of those here today gone tomorrow brands. Good luck.

/ Who makes Agri Supply's "Tillovator" tillers #29  
I would not dare trash Italian made tillers. I love Caroni, right behind Sicma, IMHO, Any Italian made tiller is way better than a Turkish or Chinese tiller, because they have been sold for so long in the US market and parts are easily available through a nationwide dealer network. You do remember selling Sicma/First Choice tillers for Buysmart and telling the buyer/dealers how good they were? Ken Sweet
I have emails from you, Ken where you say Caroni tillers are better than Sicma. Funny how it is always the stuff you sell that is the best.
We all remember you trashing gear drive tillers and now you are selling them.

Georgia jeff,
I wish I would have seen your post a couple days ago. One of the TSC stores in my area has new 5' kk for $1399 plus I had a coupon that expired March 13 for 10% off making the unit $1260. I would not buy one of those here today gone tomorrow brands. Good luck.

That is an awesome price! I found a King Kutter in Dublin for $1500 but my Agri-supply won't match their price, they want $1600 for a 5 footer. Decisions, decisions!