Glow plug operation

/ Glow plug operation
tractor starts up fine, but sometimes glow plug light stays on after engine is started and sometimes it doesn't.

/ Glow plug operation #12  
Glow light should go off after engine starts every time, obviously.
What part does your dealer now have on order?
Intermittent problems are sometimes much harder to pin down.
How many hours on clock, when did you first notice the problem?
Any other electrical type issues to date?
What's dealer done in two weeks?

/ Glow plug operation #13  
On the DKs with diesels that meet tier2 emmissions, the glow plugs will stay on for a few seconds after engine start. This burns the unburned fuel from the starting process. Maybe the same for other models, I am only familar with the DKs.

/ Glow plug operation #14  
These tractors are equipped with a variety engines of different design, although all indirect injection. The ck20, being the entry level unit will probably not have the sophistication of a more expensive unit; heck my '04 LK3054xs TLB has a manually operated glow plug feature as well as a manual fuel control for shut-down, not that I'm complaining, manual is good

/ Glow plug operation
Glow light should go off after engine starts every time, obviously.
What part does your dealer now have on order?
Intermittent problems are sometimes much harder to pin down.
How many hours on clock, when did you first notice the problem?
Any other electrical type issues to date?
What's dealer done in two weeks?

there are 115 hours on the clock, noticed problem at about 100 hours.
Only other issue is the left brake light is intermittent because of the bulb socket. Dealer has replaced the ignition switch and the timer relay. not sure what part he has on order now. Really seems not to know too much. It has been up there for almost 3 weeks now.

/ Glow plug operation #16  
3 weeks is a long time. I'd go see the dealer in person and pin him down to what they are doing or going to do to fix the problem. The glow plug circuit is fairly straightforward...shouldn't be a big mystery.

/ Glow plug operation #17  
Patches- the ck20 being the entry level machine??? How can you disparage my ck 20 tractor as an entry level machine--shame on you- for some of us it is our ultimate and final machine.
I am now going out to wash and dry my ck20 so it doesn't feel bad about your comments. Maybe grease a few zerks too.

/ Glow plug operation #18  
Patches- the ck20 being the entry level machine??? How can you disparage my ck 20 tractor as an entry level machine--shame on you- for some of us it is our ultimate and final machine.
I am now going out to wash and dry my ck20 so it doesn't feel bad about your comments. Maybe grease a few zerks too.

:eek::eek: :ashamed::ashamed:

/ Glow plug operation #19  
CK20's really appreciate a good waxing too ;)

BTI