Comparison Kubota or John Deere

/ Kubota or John Deere #11  
I was looking for a cab tractor with HST and something in the 60Hp range as a "backup" machine that could fill-in should the bigger tractor go down in the middle of hay season.

And, a tractor that my wife could/would be happy to use and be able to take over some of the hay chores; raking, tedding for me!

Really, really looked over the Grand L6060. Liked pretty much everything about the tractor - except the location of the loader hydraulic quick disconnects and the large canister hyd filter on the transaxle housing.

I figured that both were too vulnerable to damage or breaking with the kind of work I do on occasion around our small farm.

Prices were so close that it was a tossup, there. Part's and availability, ditto. Dealership and skilled mechanics - strong advantage to Deere.

That's where I mail my statement check every month!

Good luck.

AKfish

/ Kubota or John Deere #12  
No one can answer that but you by spending more than five minutes in the seat of each. Both are the top of the tractor heap. Everyone has stories from both that will make one stand out and the other seem not so good.
Second to how it feels is dealer support and access. I was forced to go to CAT because they had amazing service while the Kubota and Deere people locally were Jerks.

/ Kubota or John Deere #13  
I think both are nice machines and both have some nice features. Bota has the 6 spd HST. Deere has the "advanced eHydro" but I've never used it. Bota has a toggle on the loader joystick to increase RPM's for loader work (useful for when you're running at lower rpm but need immediate hydraulic flow). The Deere has rear external creep buttons for easier hookup of 3pt implements. I think the cab is nicer on the JD but that's just personal preference. I think the new JD machines look really good... They did good with the design.

Both loaders are a little weaker than the rest of the industry, but the Bota loader is a couple hundred lbs stronger than the Deere.

Neither Bota nor Deere are known to be "heavyweights" in the CUT segment... I'm assuming they are close enough in dimension and weight to be a moot point.

Gonna come down to personal preference after you get some time in the seat of each... I would say that each of these tractors are designed & marketed to compete with eachother, so if you're wanting a Kubota or Deere for the name, then either would be a good choice.

If you have a Massey dealer near you, take a look at a 1758 as well. Likewise with a Kioti NX6010.

/ Kubota or John Deere
The kubota is a nice machine for sure, but something isn't adding up with the weight. I don't see any way possible that the kubota could be 1000 pounds heavier. Where are you getting your info?
Are you comparing cab models?

I was comparing cab models. John Deere 4066R brochure cab operating weight, 3,737lb. Kubota Grand L6060 cab brochure operating weight 4365lb. A difference of 628lbs of difference. Must have have looked at a different line the first time around. 628lbs does not seem very much now.

/ Kubota or John Deere #15  
No organization certifies the accuracy of these numbers. I take them all as "ballpark" numbers, nothing more.

/ Kubota or John Deere #16  
I was comparing cab models. John Deere 4066R brochure cab operating weight, 3,737lb. Kubota Grand L6060 cab brochure operating weight 4365lb. A difference of 628lbs of difference. Must have have looked at a different line the first time around. 628lbs does not seem very much now.

628lbs. may not seem like much, I would want to know what the weight comes from. If it is due to heavier metal in the frame that is a plus. Also. how much plastic is on each if any.

Both have a very good track record.

/ Kubota or John Deere #17  
It may well come down to the dealer you like the best . The JD dealer in my area wasn't helpful at all answering my questions so I bought another Kubota . It's a big decision, take your time and weigh all the facts to see what fits you best .

/ Kubota or John Deere #18  

Actually, the JD 4066R Cab model's weight is 4675lbs and the Open Station model's weight is 3770lbs. You can find this information on the JD website under specs > MFDW Dimensions (http://www.deere.com/en_US/products...ies/4066r_compact_utility_tractor/4066r.page?).

The Kubota Grand L6060 Cab model's weight is 4365lbs and the Open Station model's weight is 3990lbs.

/ Kubota or John Deere #19  
Still find it attention getting that a similar JD tractor weighs the same as a similar equipped Kubota. Didn't used to be that way. I doubt that Kubota increased their weight. So doesn't that mean JD cut theirs??

/ Kubota or John Deere #20  
Sorry for jumping in but this topic is near and dear as it were. I just sold my Kubota L4600 HST with FEL because it was too light to (in my opinion) safely handle the seed drill I hope to acquire this spring. The tractor was said to weigh 3100 lbs or so and the FEL about 650 more. A JD 5045 weighs in around 5,100 plus loader per the books. Also, the Kubota, even the M5640 I almost bought, had exposed tie rods and rubber mud caps in front of the front axles subject to abuse. It cost me right at $800 to replace the tie rod and shield when a buried stump rolled up while pushing a brush pile. (Actually KTAC insurance covered it all except the $250 deductible), even covered the costs to transport to the dealer 60 miles away. The JD has a much stouter front end and most things are behind heavy steel, not in front of it. Anyway ,The newly ordered 5055E with power-reverser and H240 FEL should be here in a few weeks. It weighs the same as the 5045E, but I have learned to find a big enough tractor than step up as far as you can afford. Only wish I could get the 5075!