Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #31  
I wouldn't argue over fluid choices in a Kubota. Their equipment runs on fluids in 3rd world countries that we wouldn't start a fire with here in the USA.

Good point!!!!! :)

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #32  
Schaeffer Simplex Supreme. #315 . It's a blend of PAO and group II+ base oils. I have nothing against Amsoil or the SUDT oils. Both are good fluids. I just have had great results from the 315 fluid at a lower initial cost over Amsoil. 900HR intervals in my 3 Kubotas using it. I also have a good relationship with my local Schaeffer dealer. If I ever had to stay close to the Kubota suggested interval I would just buy the UDT/SUDT and be done with it.
The word "synthetic" is probably the most useless word in relation to oils anymore. Any hydrocracked mineral oil can be legally labelled as a synthetic oil. That's basically what you're buying when you go to your local Wally World and choose your favorite brand of synthetic oil. Even Amsoil is blending hydrocracked mineral oils into their PAO base stocks. There is no such thing as a 100% pure PAO engine oil or transmission oil today. All are blends consisting of hydrocracked mineral oil or ester-based oils. I've seen one fishing fleet run amazingly long intervals on a group II mineral oil simply because the oil had the very best additive package money could buy and because the power units run non-stop.
SUDT is a good value. Anything Ashland Oil puts out is generally a good value for factory recommended intervals. I wouldn't argue over fluid choices in a Kubota. Their equipment runs on fluids in 3rd world countries that we wouldn't start a fire with here in the USA.

I have a Mahindra 3016 shuttle and chose to go with Schaeffers 315 during my 100hr service. I have had no issues since the switch and it performs just as good if not better then the factory fill. I noticed it has a more responsive hydraulic system when cold vs the old fluid. I also noticed a much smoother shift when changing gears or direction. That could be from things breaking in. To sum up. I've been pleased with cost v performance

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #33  
KUBOTA SUPER UDT2 is shall we say BLENDED for KUBOTA BY ASHLAND OIL(VALVOLINE) when it was time to change my TRANS.and HYD. FLUID in my KUBOTA M7040 I went with SCHAEFFER'S #315 and couldn't be happier with my RESULTS. I to am a AMSOIL DEALER and have been since 1990 but was PRICED out of my BUDGET when I retired a few years ago. My son uses it in all of his 6 cars and truck and would use nothing else but money is no issue with him. He works for the GOVERMENT!! AMSOIL is a GOOD ALTERNATIVE if you so choose BUT WITH SCHAEFFER'S they go beyond MIN. SPECS. on there PRODUCTS. In the end what do YOU want to use after all it's your equipment and your MONEY. SCHAEFFER'S by the way COST's around $20 / GALLON .

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #34  
That is why I switched from Amsoil to Schaeffers. I wasn't doing extended drains anymore. I'm not abusing my equipment weather that is car, truck, or tractor. I do believe Amsoil is a great option but I wasn't get my $$$ out of it. With Schaeffers I'm Savin some money still getting I robust product that doesn't go out of spec after 500miles or 5 hrs. Plus I like there business model a little more. There not as "pushy" as Amsoil can be at times.

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #35  
That is why I switched from Amsoil to Schaeffers. I wasn't doing extended drains anymore. I'm not abusing my equipment weather that is car, truck, or tractor. I do believe Amsoil is a great option but I wasn't get my $$$ out of it. With Schaeffers I'm Savin some money still getting I robust product that doesn't go out of spec after 500miles or 5 hrs. Plus I like there business model a little more. There not as "pushy" as Amsoil can be at times.

Schaeffer has an extremely loyal customer base in the trucking and mining industries. If your product can thrive in the mining industry it'll have no problem in a tractor. They do little to no national advertising which keeps their products a good value for the quality that they are. I also ran Amsoil for several years but have had great results and a better price from Schaeffer oils.
Still, if I ran the Kubota spec'd intervals I would probably run SUDT or another lower cost fluid. Same with the engine oil.

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #36  

Amsoil was abusing your equipment and went out of spec at 500 miles?

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #37  
No sorry I'm saying Schaeffers offers value while still being a robust fluid /add pack that won't fail "go out of spec" after a little use. Amsoil is a great fluid for just about any product they offer but I wasn't doing extended drains or falling into severe service on my cars, tractor etc so it wasn't prudent to pay the premium. Schaeffers does just as well for my needs and doesn't cost as much.

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #38  
The only problem I have with Amsoil is the marketing arrangement that makes so many people paid dealers. Even though they may not be biased, the fact they get paid to sell the product makes their recommendation not admissible. Amsoil is a great product I would like to use it if the price was better but for that I would have to be a dealer and I will not pay a markup to a third party I don't have to. So I don't use it out of principle.

I can vouch for SUD2 and have done so in other threads. Probably any synthetic oil would work but SUDT2 makes my B7800 not whine when compared to other name brand but non-synthetic oil I put in. For my hydraulic shuttle shift tractors, the difference when the oil is cold is profound. Regular, name brand non-synthetic oil shifts slowly at first and needs to warm up to function as I have come to expect in the summer. Warm up in the cold can take a long time.

In my gear drive Plain Jane non-hydro and non-shuttle Kubotas, regular Deere oil works great just like plain old SUD does. I just happen to have the Deere oil so I use that. For those people using Kubotas in third world countries and using whatever oil they have, that's fine because they are gear drive and not hydros or shuttle shifts. Just my two cents here.

Last edited:
   / Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #39  
I have no doubt that Amsoil or Schaffers are good oils, but when I need a new suit I don't buy a "one size fits all", I have a taylor make one that fits exactly. i.e. Kubota oil in a Kubota.

/ Amsoil vs. Kubota Super UDT2 #40  
SCHAEFFER'S by the way COST's around $20 / GALLON .

Where are you buying #315 for $20 a gallon?

All the prices I see on it, are close to $40 a gallon. Which is nearly as much as Amsoil ATH.