Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,341  
You Carolina's & VA guy's should be checking in with some fresh pics of today:cool2:

I had the 7 foot landscape rake on the 650 after moving leaves a couple weeks ago,,,
so, I just "plowed' with the rake!! :thumbsup:

snowrake_zpsiywudsde.jpg

The rake did a great job of moving the snow,,, without moving hardly any gravel,,,

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,342  
After plowing the driveway,,, I traded the John Deere for T W O snow plows,,,
Did I get a good deal? :eek:

SnowPLOW2_zpslkhbgmvu.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,343  
Doesn't get any better than that...

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,346  
Yeah, put the ROPS up so when you go under those snow-laden branches the ROPS will shake snow off and down your neck.. or just the branch will hit you in the back of the head.. :D

Unless I had a FEL on or working on slopes in the woods, the ROPS would be down. I'm a safety nut too.. ;)

Don't you go using that common sense there boy!

(ROPS is useless if your not wearing your seatbelt "all the time" anyhow)

Cadplans, that's a great photo!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,347  
We woke up to this view this morning (near Roxboro NC).

JAN7-snow-2.jpg

No pics of the tractor used, but had the 3038e out today with a rubber wiper edged 6' back blade doing the development private road from our place out to the county road (about 1/3 mile).

JAN7-snow-6.jpg

JAN7-snow-7.jpg

JAN7-snow-8.jpg

JAN7-snow-12.jpg

It was still snowing so the road was getting recovered as I worked (the middle was cleared before doing the margins), but the more snow moved, the less that will get packed into ice by traffic ...

After today I am pretty sure I am going to be picking up a set of chains for the loaded rear R4's. I have been looking at TireChains.com and considering either the "reinforced net" or the "twisted square" style. Any thoughts? Should I be worried about damaging the asphalt roadway (not in the best condition)?

Nick

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,348  
After today I am pretty sure I am going to be picking up a set of chains for the loaded rear R4's. I have been looking at TireChains.com and considering either the "reinforced net" or the "twisted square" style. Any thoughts? Should I be worried about damaging the asphalt roadway (not in the best condition)?

Nick

Of course they will do damage to asphalt. Do like I do - use momentum versus power to plow snow - it is much faster and a lot more fun. The diamond treads I have on the back have no idea what traction is in snow so I just use a lot of rpms. Road gear and an angled blade rolls the snow out real well - a little more speed gets the snow moving better. Plus it is a lot more fun.

My tractor came with the house and with a set of chains - they have never been put on in the 23 years I have owned it. I have too much fun without - why go to the work of putting chains on to remove the joy?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,349  
Cadplans, that's a great photo!

At least we got the boy in the green sleeves out working this year,,,
last year,, all he did was look out the window,,,

isaac%20snow2_zpsgamn11ep.jpg

Can his mom get a great pic,,, or what??

We have dozens of pics like that,, she just seems to have an "eye" for taking pics,,
both pics were taken with a phone,,,

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,350  
The rake did a great job of moving the snow,,, without moving hardly any gravel,,,

I have never tried my landscape rake for this. I will have to sometime.