Lifetime antifreeze

/ Lifetime antifreeze #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Hi, wondering if anybody has found a brand of lifetime antifreeze that is rated for industrial/tractor use. I've checked out a couple and the lifetime stuff is rated for use in cars and light pickups. I currently use the extended life( five year ) stuff. I don't see how anything could be rated for a lifetime but it would be kind of nice to go ten to twelve years or so.

/ Lifetime antifreeze #3  
I have been using the Rotella antifreeze in the diesel. It is formulated for diesels and got it a Walmart as well.
Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Coolant-Antifreeze | Shell ROTELLA(R)

WOW ! Glad you didn't post this in the Kubota area. You would have been told how you will destroy your tractor for not buying / using antifreeze from a Kubota dealer.
You know, The antifreeze the Kubota sells is formulated by Kubota engineers for Kubota, and all other antifreeze is inferior to Kubota labeled anti freeze.. LOL

/ Lifetime antifreeze #4  
I ain't studyin' nary lifetime mess of anything. Fluids need to be changed often, antifreeze, about every 3-5 years works. It's not hard nor expensive to do. The best insurance for your engines.

/ Lifetime antifreeze
One and all - thank you for your responses. I can observe a totally new world opening when I put on my "high intensity" reading glasses with my uber large magnifying glass. There is a WHOLE WORLD of data scribed on the back of those plastic antifreeze jugs. I don't think I've ever experienced writing quite that small. Its so tiny - I begin to wonder if its truly meant for general public consumption.

/ Lifetime antifreeze #6  
Fluids need to be changed often, antifreeze, about every 3-5 years works. It's not hard nor expensive to do. The best insurance for your engines.
My train of thought also.
Heck, I just bought a TM3160 Iseki last spring, only had 130 some odd hours on it. I changed every fluid in it, AF, diffs', transmission, coolant etc. that way I know it's been done and it's all fresh fluids I'm starting with...........Mike

/ Lifetime antifreeze #7  
How many are old enough to remember when we drained the antifreeze, flushed the radiator, and refilled it with fresh water and an anti-rust additive in the Spring. Then of course, we drained that and put antifreeze in again in the Fall.:laughing:

/ Lifetime antifreeze #8  
How many are old enough to remember when we drained the antifreeze, flushed the radiator, and refilled it with fresh water and an anti-rust additive in the Spring. Then of course, we drained that and put antifreeze in again in the Fall.:laughing:

Yup! And even though an antifreeze says it may be good for 10 years or whatever...I still replace it about every 3 years. Antifreeze is cheap and it's good insurance.

/ Lifetime antifreeze #9  
Bird I remember the period of WW11 when anti freeze wasn't available or so expensive that the radiator was drained on engines not used parked for a time.
Dad carried buckets of scalding water and poured into engine to warm and make it easier to turn over . cardboard in front of radiator to keep engine warm when driving .
Some used a mixture of kerosene. or switched from one tractor to next vehicle planning on using . Auh the good old days.
going to town having to start at daylight trying to get engine to run . and buy enough of the gas at .12 to .16 gal only had to have need to make the trip.
ken

/ Lifetime antifreeze #10  

Yep I remember. Heck I have antifreeze in a few things that hadn't been changed 15 or more years.