Kubota UTV...starting phase

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #1  

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
I'm in the starting phase of looking at the kubota UTVs, I will use it for clearing snow, plowing, sanding etc. for my 700 foot driveway, and
yard work on my 10 acre property. Would most likely want a enclosed cab with heat. I have a couple good Kubota dealers close by that I'll be
visiting shortly, but it always seems the dealers tend to try to steer you towards particular models, accessories...etc. Looking for feedback & comments from the folks here, since I've gotten some great info in the past. Once I decide on a model, I'll need to figure out want accessories/packages I should throw in especially if I'm going with the 0% financing.
Thanks all for you relplies...!!
BYota

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #2  
They make a nice machine...but the cab model (with heat and AC) is going to cost in the mid-$20K range (I priced one same time I priced a new Gator). Adding something like a Boss plow...even a straight plow...is about another $2500 (priced one of them too!). UTVs are pretty handy...I have about the same acreage as you and I use mine (an 855D Gator...this being the diesel version) quite a bit.
One thing I strongly recommend...rather you get a cab or just a windshield...get the wiper kit.

I did use my Gator for plowing a few years ago...I had an Eagle plow which uses the winch to raise and lower...also, it was manual angling. My drive isn't near as long as yours (I'd estimate a 200-250 foot loop), but I did my neighbor's and part of the cul-de-sac we live on (most so the town plow did push berms at the ends of the drives. Did pretty good for lighter snows.

Good luck in your quest!

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #3  
Just been where you are.

I pulled the trigger last month on the 900 diesel, and absolutely love it.

Can't help you with the cab and snow plow though. Don't need that where we live. (Thank God!)

I don't know which model Roy was talking about, but the X900 diesel with full cab and heater is about $20k (MSRP). My X900 diesel (no cab, camo, and plastic roof) lists for nearly $16K. I bought it for less than $14.
Now, the 1120 diesel is a couple thousand more.

Good luck with your search. If you want to ask any specific questions about the 900, just let me know. I'll be glad to tell you what I can.

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #4  
Love my 900 , no cab or plow though. I did wrap a 3M plastic storm door around the roll bar one winter when I had a lot of wood cleanup, poor mans cab !

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #5  
I have an open station 900. Great workhorse!!!! Kubota has the reputation of the best cab. From reading other RTV owner's comments I'd go for AC. They have a tremendous lifespan and durability. You'll only sell/trade it because you are tired of it. Great tool!!!!

Keep us posted on your decision, with pictures of course.

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #6  
We bought a rtv x1100c in the fall. Absolutely love it. They aren’t fast but terrific work machines. The cab is great and we love the heat and a/c. I have to lower the windows a bit to make the doors easier to close due to how tight it is.

The extras we did was 27” tires
4K warn winch
2” lift
Rear window screen
Radio
Light bar across front and light pods for the rear

Brett

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #7  
Where did you get the lift kit, only seen them for older model not the X1100C. I got my new with rear window guard, bedllner, ATV tires steel rims and filters and fluids for 50hr and 200hr service and a service manual for $19000.00

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase #8  
I have plowed over 1 mile of dirt road/driveway the past three winters with my X900 and Boss V-plow. No cab, but glass windshield and whipper. The X900 is a beast and it plows wonderfully. I also plow with a F-350 with 9' Fisher, but the Kubota is more fun! No regrets at all. I did have the brush guard/bumper snap a weld at the end of this plowing season and not sure why, but otherwise I highly recommend the Kubota.

/ Kubota UTV...starting phase
Hi, I about to pull the trigger on a RTVX1100C
I'm going thru the build you Kubota and all those accessories...yikes, is there any place I can
find a good explanation of each option with accesories? To start what tires are the best especially if
I plan to install CHains in the winter?
Thanks,
BY