Alternator ?

/ Alternator ? #1  

KoonHunter51

Silver Member
Tractor
FarmPro (Jinma)2430
Jinma 304 FarmPro 2430
Existing Jinma Alternator 2JF200
Will a JF11 or JF15a work on this tractor TY395 engine ?
Even if mounting is different could dismantle of JF11 or JF15a be used to rebuild the 2JF200 ?
Thanks

/ Alternator ? #3  
Far better to replace with a one wire Denso alternator.
Even GM is using Denso instead of Delcotron.

35 amp Denso for about $56 on ebay.
CHEVY MINI ALTERNATOR DENSO STREET ROD RACE 1-WIRE - 35 AMP! | eBay

To have a easier and better indication of your charging voltage and state of battery use a simple LED voltage display.

Less that $10.

I suggest this supplier as they have product in the USA for faster delivery.
DC 12V-24V Auto Motorcycle LED Panel Digital Voltage Volt Meter Display 3 Colors | eBay

This is a photo of both the one wire alternator and the voltage display.

lnRuPnZ.jpg

Dave M7040

/ Alternator ? #4  
Hello Dave,
I went with a similar AND0212 from DB Electrical. I'm putting it in a Foton FT404 and didn't want to fry any wires with the 63 amp 10Si I originally bought. My question to you is the 2 pin "T" connector on the rear, where do I connect these wires too? Also I'm trying to get the instrument panel working again, where should I hook into the harness? The fuse block where the deleted voltage regulator socket is that way it's going through a fuse, or the key?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Dwayne.

/ Alternator ? #5  
Hello Dave,
I went with a similar AND0212 from DB Electrical. I'm putting it in a Foton FT404 and didn't want to fry any wires with the 63 amp 10Si I originally bought. My question to you is the 2 pin "T" connector on the rear, where do I connect these wires too? Also I'm trying to get the instrument panel working again, where should I hook into the harness? The fuse block where the deleted voltage regulator socket is that way it's going through a fuse, or the key?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Dwayne.

Sorry. I do not understand your question. Are you trying to install a one wire Delco alternator or another make? The AND0212 from DB electric is a DENSO three wire alternator not a one wire which is the one I suggest people use. Not knowing your FOTON's wiring, trying to get the instrument panel working as new, is not something I can help you with.

Your question: Where do I connect these wires. Which wires, the ones on the voltage display? If those are the wires you are talking about, they have no connection to the alternator which is why it is so easy to install.

Connect one terminal of the display to the battery ground terminal, the display's + terminal can e connected to the battery b+ where it will stay on all the time using very little power or to any wire from the key switch which turns on when the key is in the ON position.

Depending upon what you are trying to accomplish, see if you can return the 3 wire DENSO for a one wire. It will be much simpler.

Dave M7040

/ Alternator ? #6  
I was referring to the 2 pins on the back of the alternator that form a "T". It looked like the one you recommend, I didn't notice the "DB Electrical AND0212 Alternator For Chevy Mini Alternator For Denso Street Rod Race 3-Wire in description till you mentioned it. Take it they use a generic picture for most. I was more concerned with the 30 amp rating.

/ Alternator ? #7  
I was referring to the 2 pins on the back of the alternator that form a "T". It looked like the one you recommend, I didn't notice the "DB Electrical AND0212 Alternator For Chevy Mini Alternator For Denso Street Rod Race 3-Wire in description till you mentioned it. Take it they use a generic picture for most. I was more concerned with the 30 amp rating.

The one wire Denso's sold on ebay, clearly only show one wire terminal on the rear of the alternator. They are also available from 35 amps to at least 90 amps.

Dave M7040

/ Alternator ? #8  
Could you post a photo of the connector, and the exact model of alternator? The connectors that I've seen which could be described as T shaped are actually housings holding three female blade connectors, two 9.5mm as the output and one 6.3 for the warning light. But that doesn't sound like your alternator.

/ Alternator ? #9  
Could you post a photo of the connector, and the exact model of alternator? The connectors that I've seen which could be described as T shaped are actually housings holding three female blade connectors, two 9.5mm as the output and one 6.3 for the warning light. But that doesn't sound like your alternator.

You could go like I did to DB electric and search on their site for the AND0212 Alternator.

There are only two terminals like a Delcotron but one is at 90 degrees to the first unlike the Delco one.

Dave M7040

/ Alternator ? #10  
I think your right, I didn't see the top of the "t" connector. I was looking at the angle picture.
I even bought the 2pin T connector.
I ordered :DB Electrical AND0212 Alternator For Chevy Mini Alternator For Denso Street Rod Race 3-Wire,Case Trencher Uni-loader Grasshopper Tractor,Gravely Tractor,Kubota Excavator,Tractor,Loader,Mower
From Amazon waiting on the alternator and connector. Now that I see the 3rd I'll have to order another if the alternator will work

Thanks again for all your help