Loader BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking?

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #1  

glenk

Tractor
BX2380
Anyone have an issue with this assembly leaking (slow) and dripping on their driveway? Any fixes such as reactuating the assembly?

Tnx,
glenk IMG_20180714_122741.jpg

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #2  
Warranty repair, noted on orange forum.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #3  
I do not have a BX but all my hydraulic systems with quick connects drip a little. I try not to run them on the driveway any more than need be. Our rain washes away hydraulic drips faster than engine oil drips, so it is not much of an issue to me.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #4  
Warranty repair, noted on orange forum.

I tried to find a reference to a warranty repair and found nothing so far, any chance you know where that can be found. The Kubota rep says he has never heard of a leak like that, pretty common response from someone that doesn't give a Schmitt.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #5  
glenk can you tell if its leaking right there at the clamp or if its leaking further up and just running down the lines? The reason I ask is that the service tech who did a recent service on my bx said that where the lines attach to the coupler base itself can loosen up but all you have to do is snug them up again.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #6  
I know where the leak is coming from, the coupler assembly becomes misaligned when the hydraulic pressure is high. It seems to be caused by the fact that the single cam lock doesn't keep the assembly together properly at high pressure, without much load on the loader there is seldom a leak. My quest is to find out if Kubota has a warranty fix for this problem, before the machines I have are out of warranty. Kinda like the schmitty seat campaign for the BX2200, if you complained within a certain time period, Kubota would furnish a better seat, I had to buy one, I wasn't aware of the campaign at that time. I learn from some of my mistakes.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking?
I know where the leak is coming from, the coupler assembly becomes misaligned when the hydraulic pressure is high. It seems to be caused by the fact that the single cam lock doesn't keep the assembly together properly at high pressure, without much load on the loader there is seldom a leak

I don't know of any formal recall campaign. I just complained and showed evidence of the leak to my dealer. Any severe leak like this is not acceptable. I couldn't park in on my driveway or garage. They tried their best to tighten fittings, redo the coupler pipe thread connections but it still leaked. I have been busy with the tractor so I elected to live with it by stuffing paper towels under the assembly until my 50 hour service. Which has just come up. They have a complete set of hydraulic couplers to install, waiting for me.

The single lever does not firmly clamp the two coupler sections together. It shifts under load and the distortion of the loader arms going up and down with load.

I complained directly to Kubota on their website. Said I should have bought a John Deere and they responded right away and contacted my dealer to solve the issue. We shall see. I'll update it after I get them serviced soon.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #8  
I've owned several Kubotas in the BX and B and a couple in the L series. I've had some start leaking a drop or two at a screw on fitting and the slightest turn with an open ended wrench has always stopped the leak. I recently had a line "BLEW" and I mean BLEW like a geyser because the turn in the line was right at the crimped on fitting and when the FEL would work it twisted the line right at that crimped spot. I replaced the line and adjusted the turn so the twist/movement when using the FEL bucket is in the middle of the line and not at the edge of the crimped fitting. I had one years ago that rubbed a spot on a hose every time the FEL was used and the protective sleeve was misaligned and I never noticed it but I never suspected a hose would rub thru and become useless. Always made sure the protective sleeve covered the spot after that. I've never had any Kubota that dripped or leaked that I parked on the drive way with it leaking/dripping/dropping a dot of hyd fluid other than the ones previously mentioned which I tightened and stopped the leak. Should be no leaks or drops on a good connection/fitting. Finding a drop of fluid is a warning something isn't connected right or a fitting is bad or some other problem with a system where oil, water or hyd fluid is involved.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #9  
The leak you describe is not an endemic problem. We have changed one manifold half due to leakage caused by factory personnel crossthreading the tube fitting.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #10  
I don't know of any formal recall campaign. I just complained and showed evidence of the leak to my dealer. Any severe leak like this is not acceptable. I couldn't park in on my driveway or garage. They tried their best to tighten fittings, redo the coupler pipe thread connections but it still leaked. I have been busy with the tractor so I elected to live with it by stuffing paper towels under the assembly until my 50 hour service. Which has just come up. They have a complete set of hydraulic couplers to install, waiting for me.

The single lever does not firmly clamp the two coupler sections together. It shifts under load and the distortion of the loader arms going up and down with load.

I complained directly to Kubota on their website. Said I should have bought a John Deere and they responded right away and contacted my dealer to solve the issue. We shall see. I'll update it after I get them serviced soon.

I read comment #2, it mentions a warranty repair sited on another forum, I wasn't able to find anything. Maybe they have an updated coupler assembly to install on your machine? A cam lock on both sides would probably hold the coupler halves together and eliminate the leak. All I have to do is hold the loader lever until it goes to pressure relief and the coupler halves separate without the loader arms moving.

I wouldn't even consider a Deere though, I had to run a 2 cylinder John Deere as a kid on the farm, that thing should have been shoved up someone's azz.