Another Grapple Thread

/ Another Grapple Thread #11  
Well - AllDodge - some of us just have to make do with what we have.................

Some of us find our way in the dark with a candle - some with a bright lite - - hopefully we can all find the other side.

Not having an issue with grapples, I like them, just don't see a tractor having much effect except in maybe sandy soil with a root rake.

All Wicked Grapple rakes now feature round, thick walled DOM tubing on the lower tines and on the front of the lid. It's all about putting the weight in all the right places. This tubing expensive, premium material and thicker than anyone else uses, but it's incredibly strong.

Everything
All the pics from attach are great pics, wonder how long it took to get the exact shot? Happen to have any vid's of any tractors using a root rake in virgin soil?

/ Another Grapple Thread #12  
Not having an issue with grapples, I like them, just don't see a tractor having much effect except in maybe sandy soil with a root rake.

Everything
All the pics from attach are great pics, wonder how long it took to get the exact shot? Happen to have any vid's of any tractors using a root rake in virgin soil?

Several of those pics I shared are from customers and I have hundreds more, thanks to all of the proud Wicked owners out there!

We use and test our grapples thoroughly before shipping them out to customers all over. It lets us know they're ready for real world conditions and sharing it allows shoppers to buy our products with complete confidence.

We've made a few videos of our Wicked Grapple rakes on our Kubota tractors and no special effort went into getting the still images. They were simply snapped while the videos were being filmed.
Here are some links:

ANOTHER VIDEO LINK:
Wicked 60 on our Kubota L6060

DSC_3150s.jpg

ANOTHER VIDEO LINK:
Wicked 66 on our Kubota M6-141

20180725_150216s.jpg

20180725_150218s.jpg

20180725_150221s.jpg

20180725_150200s.jpg

ANOTHER VIDEO LINK:
48" BX Wicked Grapple Rake on our Kubota BX2670

BXGRAPS.jpg

Last edited:
   / Another Grapple Thread #13  
OK, at about 10:30 a 60HP tractor is making the second pass and still has not removed all grass. Put some trees in the mix with some trees of heaven or such, and its not going to get it

I've seen full size back hoes use their buckets and run into items which caused the arms to be bent. Using a tractor as a dozer is not good on the machine. Your company has some nice stuff and wouldn't pass it buy when looking. Your equipment can handle the hard punishing work, but the tractor was never designed to do that kind of work

/ Another Grapple Thread #14  
Maybe I should have made my point this way, a dozer blade could be made which would attach to a tractor, but the blade does not give it the capabilities to the tractor do the same task

/ Another Grapple Thread #15  
OK, at about 10:30 a 60HP tractor is making the second pass and still has not removed all grass. Put some trees in the mix with some trees of heaven or such, and its not going to get it

I've seen full size back hoes use their buckets and run into items which caused the arms to be bent. Using a tractor as a dozer is not good on the machine. Your company has some nice stuff and wouldn't pass it buy when looking. Your equipment can handle the hard punishing work, but the tractor was never designed to do that kind of work

I agree. If you need a root rake, for example, for more than a single bush or a few weeds it takes a lot of traction to push it. That is why they make dozers - some jobs take lots of traction !!! Just my 2 cents

gg

/ Another Grapple Thread #16  
The 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple is absolutely the best grapple available for small compact and subcompact tractors. It takes lightweight grapple construction to the next level and maintains strength at the same time.

These are direct quotes only referring to our Wicked Grapple Rake. Some are from the EA Channel Facebook Group, some are from TBN and some are from email, so I'll leave all anonymous.
"Makes a world of difference! I'm so glad I got this grapple for my Kubota BX23s. It's been great at clearing the brush and prickers along my driveway and around the yard. This really adds a lot of versatility to my subcompact TLB. Quality build and easy to quickly get good results for a new owner like myself."
"I can't testify to the ability of the wicked grapple but what I can say for sure is that the smooth grapple tines on my landpride suck for holding stuff. Constantly dropping logs and boulders because of it. Should have bought a wicked grapple but for now mine will have to work. All that said, as soon as it's financially feasible a wicked grapple will be on my list of things to order to replace the landpride."
"really wish i did not already have the Landpride version EA is much better"
"I wish dealers could substitute attachments on new sales, but obviously Kubota dealers only use Landpride"
"Having teeth on this grapple blows the Landpride grapple away ,not to mention the other improvements."
"Man I wish EA would have been building these things when I bought mine. They are somewhat setting a new standard for everyday use grapples."
"I have a smaller tractor, 26 HP Deere, this light Grapple has been ideal for removing brush and scouring out roots. Well put together."
"I put this on my JD 1025R and man, what a tool. It has taken the place of my bucket as the permanent fixture. I'm moving brush, rounds, logs and cleaning up in short order and with less back muscle. My best implement buy so far."
"Very excited just received my 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple today! Have to say that I am very impressed with the level of detail on the unit from the tabbed and bolted cylinder pins, grease fittings and to top it all off they even installed Parker hoses with swivels on the lines at the tee's. Top shelf."
"Love my 55" its amazing what I am able to pick up with it. The other day I was able to unload a bunch of 6x6 timbers 3 at a time came down from the top and clamped all 3 at once. also works great for logs roots and using the lid to back drag and pick up the small stuff is great. "

Design. End tines are doubled up. Doubled up center mounted hinge point, greasable pivot points, and the thickest walled DOM round tube you've ever seen on a grapple running through the lower tines to prevent bending. Each lid tine extends to the 2nd lid tube instead of just welding a triangle on the leading tube like the LP(10 series). We even take it a step further and gusset them, which provides extra insurance against bending. Our way is stronger and will also hold onto small and/or loose debris more efficiently. Even our front lid tube is DOM. Solid, continuous welds. Serrated upper and lower teeth for gripping and ripping.

Our Wicked Rake lineup gives me the ability to provide an ideally sized and weighted grapple for subcompacts all the way up to 100HP machines!
The Wicked 55 is just over 200 pounds, the Wicked 60 is 400 pounds, and the Wicked 66 is under 700 pounds.

This is just a quick, brief observation. I hope it helps.
Travis

View attachment 576315

View attachment 576316

View attachment 576327

View attachment 576317

View attachment 576318

View attachment 576319

View attachment 576320

View attachment 576321

View attachment 576322

View attachment 576323

View attachment 576324

View attachment 576325

View attachment 576326

well Travis with as great as the advertisement is, you didn't address his (of us as well) main concern, the literal months it takes to get one of these, which, as he said, would basically render his tractor useless as he needs a grapple ASAP. Not trying to be a SA, but I don't care how great something is, if a guy who needs it can't get it, it's no good at all

/ Another Grapple Thread #17  
JMHO - its very difficult to imagine an implement of such value, excellence and being so unique that anybody should have wait more that two months to receive it. There may be a few exceptions - but very few. There are so very many different manufacturers of all types, classes and varieties - there is most alway another product - just as capable - from another company who has several in stock - ready to deliver.

Example - I was this )( close to pulling the trigger on an ANBO grapple. I had made two trips north(70 miles north of me) and was told - work with one of their engineers - come up with the EXACT grapple and design I wanted - THEY WOULD HAVE IT MANUFACTURED AND READY TO BE PICKED UP IN THREE DAYS. Then the local Kubota dealer came up with a deal on the Land Pride and WR Long that I simply could not turn down. Custom design and made to order within three days of order placement. That would be a hard act to follow.

/ Another Grapple Thread #18  
Maybe I missed it, but what tractor does the OP have?

/ Another Grapple Thread
Tractor will be Kubota L2501 or similar. It likely takes two months to get anything from EA because they lack the resources to manufacture the equipment quicker. I expect they would rather work with a backlog than to suddenly find themselves with a bunch of inventory to store. I suspect they manufacture a very limited number of items on spec, if any. Most times are probably put in production only after an order is received. That is how it is for a small company. A corporation like Kubota can afford to stock warehouses with parts and equipment. EA probably cannot.