Comparison NX vs. DK

/ NX vs. DK #1  
Tractor
TYM T474
I'm about to sell my New Holland T2220. It's been a great tractor but I'm ready to go up in HP. I'm also ready to buy possibly my last tractor I'll own as I plan to retire from lawn maintenance in 2026.

I see no need to go with the big name brands. Sure they're great but the added expense for the brand is not as important to me. I have looked at TYM. I'm on the fence about that T494. The price is really good and the dealer is one of my favorites who always takes care of me with other products I buy from them. I have yet to look at the LS since the dealer is an hour away. Of course, some say stay away from both brands but I'll continue to research.

Stopped by the Kioti dealer today. Looked about a half hour at the NX and the DK. I want something in the 45-50 hp range. I like the smaller size of the DK since I use my tractor occasionally in residential applications such as aerating. I like the bigger size of the NX since it's just a beefier tractor with stronger specs. But lifting a 3000+ lb. implement is not something important to me. Not to mention the TYM can do that.

Got a quoted price before taxes of $29,900 for the NX5010 HST. $27,900 for the DK5310E HST. It seems most models that are comparable between the two are a $2000 price difference.

As fancy as the bells and whistles are with the NX, I just don't see the advantage yet. I'm old school. I don't need the engine rpm's to go up or down at the touch of the HST pedal. Same thing with raising the 3 pt hitch. Every single time I raise the 3 pt hitch, having the implement shut off just seems silly and more of excessive wear and tear on the tractor and my implements. But it is still a beast of a tractor.

The DX has that automatic PTO as an option. But not standard. I did have them price it with the telescopic 3 pt hitch, too (that's a must).

Is there anything else the NX has that the DX does not that I wish I had? I can't imagine anything else. I don't want to buy less of a tractor but at the same time, why pay for fancy bells and whistles that I'll most likely never use?

/ NX vs. DK #2  
Have an NX4510. I have put 150 hours on it the last 8 months. So far pretty happy. I have not used the linked pedal much, but do like the auto PTO, especially when using the tiller. Does the DK come with cruise? I am old school as well, but sometimes the cruise is very nice. Gives your feet a rest. I put a quick hitch and hydraulic top link on it and am very happy with that. Makes hooking up stuff way easier, and should have done that years ago. If you do that, the telescopic link won't be necessary. I am sure either one will make you happy for many years. I picked the NX only because it was the only one there and the price couldn't be beat. Good luck with the new purchase!

/ NX vs. DK #3  
I’m following, because I am considering NX 5510 and DK5310se. My big concern at this time (tractor newbie here) is having enough HP to pull a 6 foot medium duty rotary cutter.

/ NX vs. DK
I知 following, because I am considering NX 5510 and DK5310se. My big concern at this time (tractor newbie here) is having enough HP to pull a 6 foot medium duty rotary cutter.

As a side note. My New Holland T2220 turns my 5' Bush Hog Squealer with no issues. It's only 35 HP with around 29 at the PTO. I would imagine both those you're considering would handle that easily.

/ NX vs. DK #5  
I知 following, because I am considering NX 5510 and DK5310se. My big concern at this time (tractor newbie here) is having enough HP to pull a 6 foot medium duty rotary cutter.

You will not have any problem with a 6 foot. I pulled a 5 foot king kutter with my B7800 (22 pto hp) without any issues. I am actually considering a 7 foot for my NX4510. Are you planning a HST? That can also make a difference. With HST it is easy to adjust speed as you get into thicker stuff. It may be a little more $, but HST highly recommended.

/ NX vs. DK #6  
I have the smaller CK3510HST - 285 hours on it in the past year, lots of dirt work (box blade, loader) and 120+ hours mowing with a 5' finish mower and a 6' medium duty bush hog and just got a woodmaxx fm78-H flail (which it runs fine)

I have the link-pedal - pointless.
Cruise control - priceless.
I have a pats quick hitch - don't see much use for tele links, but then I've not had them.
I have ye olde PTO and it's fine - I see no need for the auto stuff either.

/ NX vs. DK #7  
I have the smaller CK3510HST - 285 hours on it in the past year, lots of dirt work (box blade, loader) and 120+ hours mowing with a 5' finish mower and a 6' medium duty bush hog and just got a woodmaxx fm78-H flail (which it runs fine)

I have the link-pedal - pointless.
Cruise control - priceless.
I have a pats quick hitch - don't see much use for tele links, but then I've not had them.
I have ye olde PTO and it's fine - I see no need for the auto stuff either.
How is the woodman flail. Am thinking of getting one. Do you prefer it over the bush hog?

/ NX vs. DK #8  
Well...
haven't used the flail much yet. Will put 10 hours on it this weekend.
With the hammers it's fine on a field, nicer finish than the brush hog and shorter (may or may not be a benefit - i'm told for a pasture you want in good hay don't cut shorter than 5") but not as nice as a finish mower on lawn.
The grass blades should be here tomorrow and I'll be mowing with them this weekend - I'll know more then. Will be nice to compare one to the other.

I mow most stuff in low range full speed..can got a tad faster with the brush hog compared to the flail, but the flail leaves a better finish...so it's sorta a toss up.

The hydraulic offset is nice - the flail is offset a bit regardless (compared to most mowers that are centered on the tractor), and the hydralic can move it about 14-18" more - to the right. my mirror is on the left...factor mount and none on the right so that's on the todo list. It does stick out enough you don't have to turn around and wear out your neck though. Since the rear roller rests on the ground moving it sideways while working will move the tractor off a straight line - it's an 825lb or so unit. Nice to get under branches and such. top of banks will be this weekend.

the brush hog can be backed into things and it cuts..the flail says in MANY PLACE IN BIG WORDS to NEVER mow backwards, and from what i've seen online they don't mow for crap backwards anyways. So it's more up/down on the 3pt (not a big deal in a big pasture..pita in tighter confines).

the cuttings with the hammers resemble frozen chopped spinach in size (pasture weeds/hay..didn't examine the lawn)

How is the woodman flail. Am thinking of getting one. Do you prefer it over the bush hog?

/ NX vs. DK #9  
Well at 375 hours the NX45 is a very capable machine. I run a TW26 Rhino cutter and the PTO HP is not an issue. The weight of the NX really puts the work to the ground.
In fact I broke the top link at the threaded end (OEM) pulling a 5' root with the plow. SO got a heavier sized top link and plows these huisache roots easily.
My CK4010 in lo range and 4x4 would sit and spin all four wheel....lol....However, there just is no way to foresee future needs.
I use the linked pedal always.
For me it seems to save fuel by not having to run engine at higher rpm then necessary.
Also the no stall feature helps when working yards of dirt as well.
So as the ad goes YMMV and certainly applies here, we have our own biases. I know I do and the DK would have been too light for my purpose after detailed discussion with my dealer.
I hope this helped add more confusion to the discussion...lol.......and planning that far ahead for retirement is awesome....:thumbsup:

/ NX vs. DK #10  
Well...
haven't used the flail much yet. Will put 10 hours on it this weekend.
With the hammers it's fine on a field, nicer finish than the brush hog and shorter (may or may not be a benefit - i'm told for a pasture you want in good hay don't cut shorter than 5") but not as nice as a finish mower on lawn.
The grass blades should be here tomorrow and I'll be mowing with them this weekend - I'll know more then. Will be nice to compare one to the other.

I mow most stuff in low range full speed..can got a tad faster with the brush hog compared to the flail, but the flail leaves a better finish...so it's sorta a toss up.

The hydraulic offset is nice - the flail is offset a bit regardless (compared to most mowers that are centered on the tractor), and the hydralic can move it about 14-18" more - to the right. my mirror is on the left...factor mount and none on the right so that's on the todo list. It does stick out enough you don't have to turn around and wear out your neck though. Since the rear roller rests on the ground moving it sideways while working will move the tractor off a straight line - it's an 825lb or so unit. Nice to get under branches and such. top of banks will be this weekend.

the brush hog can be backed into things and it cuts..the flail says in MANY PLACE IN BIG WORDS to NEVER mow backwards, and from what i've seen online they don't mow for crap backwards anyways. So it's more up/down on the 3pt (not a big deal in a big pasture..pita in tighter confines).

the cuttings with the hammers resemble frozen chopped spinach in size (pasture weeds/hay..didn't examine the lawn)

Thanks for the info. Having both would bè the best, just like having 2 tractors would be ideal!!:laughing: I really like the offset. Makes mowing along fences and trees much easier. Will have to do more research.