TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,701  
My Can Cannon was finally delivered yesterday. Launched a few cans and a tennis ball. 12oz cans will easily go 100yds. Tennis ball went about the same.

About gave a rabbit a heart attack. Can landed right beside him. I didn't see him but I sure saw him when he about jumped out of his skin when the can landed.

It's fun. I'm sure the kidos will enjoy it next time they come.

Kicks about like a 12ga.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,702  
My Can Cannon was finally delivered yesterday. Launched a few cans and a tennis ball. 12oz cans will easily go 100yds. Tennis ball went about the same.

About gave a rabbit a heart attack. Can landed right beside him. I didn't see him but I sure saw him when he about jumped out of his skin when the can landed.

Kicks about like a 12ga.

My brother brought one of those over last week, very impressed with it! He also brought a golf ball launcher.. very disappointing!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,703  
My dad has a can cannon. Trying to hit the cans with a shotgun is surprisingly hard.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,704  
My dad has a can cannon. Trying to hit the cans with a shotgun is surprisingly hard.

We thought about that but never tried it!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,705  

One of the reasons I got it. Got to challenge the championship skeet shooter in the family (which isn't me) ;)

I'm sure the fam will have fun goofing off with it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,706  

Kicks about like a 12ga.

When I was in college, 50+ years ago, the mechanical engineering students had a black powder cannon chambered for an oly beer can. That was in the days when beer cans were steel. For football games they loaded it with a partial roll of toilet paper and fired flaming tissue across the field at halftime.

They don't do that any more. The world is a sadder place. :(

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,707  
Isn't that the truth. We played with dynamite and didn't even raise eyebrows. These modern times are just sad.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,708  
I'm young and still see things that are extremely sad... being 37 I realize 20 years ago was such a simpler time, you more experienced folks much see many more things than I that are sad society wise... I sincerely miss the time when I didn't have a leash (cell phone) and .22LR was $10 a brick and you had 3 choices at that price...

That said, most if my gun time is with pellet guns unless I'm chasing moles or gophers... when I was a kid we had pellet guns and I ignored them for a long time then I found some of the more adult oriented pellet guns... started with the Beeman dual caliber springers but eventually ended up with a Benjamin Marauder (pre charged pnumatic, charges to 3000psi and has a 10 round magazine in .22 cal that can go through several magazines before needing to be pumped up again...) and many others. Even those have very little time spent with them between all the other projects but it's easier to shoot them at times since I can shoot in the garage, and with an effective range that is very limited the neighbor factor is much simpler...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,709  
Enough dawdling, guys and gals, and a bump. I searched and found the oft-desired .22 LR 'Smooth-bore', a rifle in this case and 'another' Savage 93 for me. ('by accident' I have a 93BVSS in .17 HMR, 24" 'bull' bbl, Pepper Laminate, what cartridge the Hawkeye bore-scope shows is a copper-fouler to be reckoned with because of copper 'jackets' vs bee's wax or "copper wash", so the norm in that caliber.) IMO, the '93' is a great gun in a versatile caliber, up to one's definition of that. (got .22 LR AND .22 WMR?)

Having done so more than once, I can lap a 'Savage 93' bolt-action RF to cycle with a butterfly's eyelash. :D btw & IMO, if you don't shoot any RF in a 'bolt' gun you're more 'spray and pray' than ready for some 'friendly competition' to prove you can shoot. :cool: (Bring it to my range, Dogs!!)

I have, or have on order today (along with more 150g .30 AR ammo for the brass) some Fed AND Win (crimped) #12 '.22 LR shotshells' to try alongside the (encapsuled) #12-shot CCI .22 LRs I have on hand.

Y'know,I really miss the ballistic testing I did with 'Nick D' and reported to/on the forum at Ammoguide.com. I hope to share with y'all what patterns I get from Taurus 4" 94 HG w/std twist and the 21" bbl Savage 93 'smoothbore' .. to make sense of .22 LR shot ammo as much as anything. The 'promise' seems to be there.

I'm looking for a decent pattern at 10 yd, not just at barely 5. (uh, for starlings, cowbirds, and 'hosps', if you wondered) Many thanks to Hick's Outdoors in Clio MI (a premier local outfitter) for 'receiving' a gun for me that the factory or distributor no longer offers. t o g

(I could lop 5" off the barrel (to 16"?, for handling in a blind), re-crown it, and still be a 'legal length' firearm. Y'don't aim a SG, you point it. 30 ft ain't 'far', either.)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,710  
Uh, I forgot to mention another PCP airgun I ordered from Pyramid Air. .22 Cal Diana (aka RWS) 'Stormrider Multi-shot PCP' w/'longer moderator' and 2-stage adjustable trigger.

Diana Stormrider Multi-shot PCP Air Rifle and HPA Pump Kit

I don't mean to make anyone jealous, just trying to keep every aspect of DE's "Gun Time" open, relevant, and interesting.

(S & W brings back 4" bbl 610 in 10mm? :eek: I know, right? :thumbsup:)