Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #11  
Another Flexzilla fan!

I also use the “flex hose” style hose. I just get the 50’ ones that are the highest rated off Amazon. No need for brass hose ends. These work good for light use, when it’s below freezing and when weight is a concern. Not industrial strength but they don’t/can’t kink.

Flexzilla here too. I also use a Flexzilla air hose.

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #12  
Another Flexzilla fan!

I also use the “flex hose” style hose. I just get the 50’ ones that are the highest rated off Amazon. No need for brass hose ends. These work good for light use, when it’s below freezing and when weight is a concern. Not industrial strength but they don’t/can’t kink.

I’ve never tried one... but reviews tend to be pretty bad with lots of complaints that the fittings came unglued or the hose started leaking quickly.

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #13  
Another Flexzilla fan!

Do the flex type hoses squeeze enough water out so freezing is not an issue? I hate draining hoses in the barn during the winter.

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink
This thread is click-bait.

Thanks for the replies.

... believe it not, somehow I hit the button and posted before I'd completed the title and had only wrote the first sentence (with no mention of garden hose.): "Was thinking this is a lawn and garden topic, but it's a farm, ranch, construction, everybody topic too..." - Now that really would of left people wondering!
I had to go back and edit to add the other sentences asking about garden hose, but I couldn't edit the title....so yeah....click bait...oops...:eek:

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #15  
Do the flex type hoses squeeze enough water out so freezing is not an issue? I hate draining hoses in the barn during the winter.

If freezing is an issue then you will need to either store them in a heated space or use an air compressor to blow out the lines first.

The flex hoses are great until they burst. Then the whole hose ends up in the garbage after a few uses because they are in-repairable. Fool me once...

The longest lasting hoses Ive ever had are 3/4 soft rubber flexible hoses. They are still prone to kink but a good quality hose reel reduces the problems. The only problem is I havent been able to find that brand again to replace the other less flexible corded ones that are now cracked and leaking.

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #16  
I drain my 100'r [ may be 75', don't remember ] then store it in a mesh bag in my wood heated workshop area. I bought a bunch of the mesh bags on Ebay and use them to store vehicle washing brushes/other stuff that gets wet year round. Kind of looks like this, kind of.... Bags come in different colors, think they are for shopping or sumptin'. I just use the flex hose for washing vehicles in the winter. Never leave them hooked up like I do my Flexzilla all warm weather times.

Attachments

• IMG_0659 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0659 (Large).jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 64
   / Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink
If freezing is an issue then you will need to either store them in a heated space or use an air compressor to blow out the lines first.

The flex hoses are great until they burst. Then the whole hose ends up in the garbage after a few uses because they are in-repairable. Fool me once...

The longest lasting hoses Ive ever had are 3/4 soft rubber flexible hoses. They are still prone to kink but a good quality hose reel reduces the problems. The only problem is I havent been able to find that brand again to replace the other less flexible corded ones that are now cracked and leaking.

This is for wife's horse barn. She has to fill the heated watering tub for her hay-burners every couple days.
My goal is to stay away from any hose that has "increased restrictions" (kinks & the "scars" they leave after straightening), because the Campbell water hydrant we have in unheated barn has a tendency to eventually leak where the hydrant's stem exits the hydrant body and connects to the handle, despite repeated attempts at packing/sealing. A contributing cause of this leak is from whatever pressure is created downstream (hose) when hydrant is turned on.
Right now we are cutting a lot (3) of the kinks out and replacing them with splices.

I like the idea of flex hoses being compact and easy to carry to a heated space (house basement), but don't see this as everyday solution, maybe as a back-up.
I want to stay away from flex hoses as I assume it has a lot of flow restriction due to its nature.

Air compressor and blowing lines routine out would be too complicated for wife.

I think that beyond a good hose, one of the solutions might involve a good reel.
Right now when she pulls hose back into barn, she runs an end over a rafter and slowly pulls it over the rafter to drain as she coils it on floor. I think one of the problems might be when she pulls it back out next time, something in the coil snags or doesn't twist, etc...and a kink is formed.
So a reel might fix the unwinding problem, but I don't see a good way to drain the hose that would remain on the reel. I think we'd have to pull the hose completely off it every time and connect directly to hydrant.

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #18  

Not all of it. I’d guess it shrinks to pencil size or so. Went the “new” water begins to flow it has an easy path around any ice. I don’t leave mine outside all winter. But I don’t worry about leaving it out for the day.....

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #19  
Neighbor has a water place in each stall that he fills from the frost free spigot by pail each day. He says he likes to keep track of how much water each individual horse is drinking in the winter to keep an eye on their health. But me, I know nothing of horses. He has the heated waterers in his different pastures that they drink out of most of the year, so I don't know why he worries a boot the winter drinking. Or, ' just his thing ' ...

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #20