Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #271  
Have you ever watched video's of the giant turbines when the brakes fail? :shocked:

Yes!!! Or when the turbines fail and catch on fire!!!

/ Cool Nature Photos #272  
I like it when the eagles fly through the blades and sometimes make it!

/ Cool Nature Photos #273  
While taking the dogs for a run last fall

2019.10.15_libertyville_5dsr-0061.JPG

/ Cool Nature Photos #274  
xFax: are those sunset pictures really from 2004? pretty cool, but don't you get some every summer? got any tornado pics?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep, really from 2004. We get those colorful sunsets so often that I don't take pictures of them anymore.

Stood out there two different times and watched tornadoes about two miles west, moving northeast, but didn't have the camera with me.

Here is an unusual cloud at sunset from 6-8-2015, at 7:17 PM:

P6080004.JPG

7:41 PM:

P6080017.JPG

7:49 PM:

P6080030.JPG

/ Cool Nature Photos #275  
X, I spent the Summer in Lamar Oklahoma in 1969. Beautiful sunsets. We get them like that here, but rarely. It was frequent there.

/ Cool Nature Photos #276  
sorry I haven't seen those videos with turbines, but I did fly out of Tulsa in 2004 and the pilot told us over the speaker that we'd be flying at 40,000 feet cause there were close to 50 tornadoes currently. It actually looked like mountain tops covered in clouds from the air and no camera phones in those days so just a faded memory. even though pics are from a 8+ Iphone it's much better in person.

here's a couple sunsets from my deck.

sunset is amazing (2).jpg

Jan. 30, 2019 amazing sunset (2).jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos
sorry I haven't seen those videos with turbines, but I did fly out of Tulsa in 2004 and the pilot told us over the speaker that we'd be flying at 40,000 feet cause there were close to 50 tornadoes currently. It actually looked like mountain tops covered in clouds from the air and no camera phones in those days so just a faded memory. even though pics are from a 8+ Iphone it's much better in person.

here's a couple sunsets from my deck.

Cool shots. A little tip though, whichever size you're choosing to post your pics (large/original) it's causing them to be too big to fit on my screen all at once (on PC). I usually select "medium" when I post. Still large enough to see when scrolling, but can be clicked on to view full screen if wanted. :)

/ Cool Nature Photos #278  
Cool shots. A little tip though, whichever size you're choosing to post your pics (large/original) it's causing them to be too big to fit on my screen all at once (on PC). I usually select "medium" when I post. Still large enough to see when scrolling, but can be clicked on to view full screen if wanted. :)

That can be controlled by resizing before posting. I use 1280 wide. Then full size fits the screen.

/ Cool Nature Photos #279  
SYN: I set my pics at 1000 and I think the other # is in the mid 500's and it shows up full size on my laptop after the post. i'd be happy to change to medium if others have the same issues or maybe you might need to change your screen resolution?

ALL: anybody else have my pics showing up bigger than their laptop or computer screens? we have a few eagles that nest in the 700 acre park below us and occasionally one will just sit on top of a tree close by. at that point I try to make sure Cleo our cat is inside.

Eagle in tree at Howard's Kennydale 2 (2).jpg

Eagle in tree at Howard's Kennydale (2).jpg

Feb. 21, 2019 great view and eagles flying & mating (2).jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #280  
SYN: I set my pics at 1000 and I think the other # is in the mid 500's and it shows up full size on my laptop after the post. i'd be happy to change to medium if others have the same issues or maybe you might need to change your screen resolution?

ALL: anybody else have my pics showing up bigger than their laptop or computer screens? we have a few eagles that nest in the 700 acre park below us and occasionally one will just sit on top of a tree close by. at that point I try to make sure Cleo our cat is inside.
You should reduce them in size 800X600 is fine for viewing online...unless someone wants to print or zoom etc...there is no need to use so much bandwidth to post pics...it makes for a real PITA for folks with low bandwidth connections and it bogs down their browsers...especially when someone else "quotes" a post with several large images...it compounds the issue...

Peeps that complain about having to click an image to see the full size should learn to have some compassion for those that have slow connections etc...