Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #21  
The small JD garden tractors didn't run a lot of hydraulic pressure, thinking maybe 750 or 1000 psi. Does the steering valve have it's own relief built in? Otherwise you may risk blowing the seals out of the valve, as you see your gear pump puts out > 2500 psi.

In looking at your hydraulic diagram, it isn't clear where the output of the steering circuit actually goes. Does it say 3 point but really go to tank? If it doesn't go to tank I'd also worry about putting back pressure on your steering valve when you dead end the 3 point. I've seen a B7200 with add-on power steering that the return line was run to the loader valve input instead of tank. Over time the back pressure was too much and blew a chunk of the valve body out. Oil everywhere.

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #22  
You could drill and tap the cylinder end pins/bolts for greasing.

Picture illustration.
[video]https://www.google.ca/search?q=greasable+loader+pins&client=safari&hl=en-ca&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjY9PaD0vbSAhVD9YMKHSMBCbwQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=681#imgrc=YI8saOBblp07IM:[/video]

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200
Sorry about the delay. Got caught up in some other projects. Had some time with it yesterday.

The remote start came in handy not having to fiddle with the key. I may only use the key for emergencies, the remote is just easier.

There's a couple leaks, but it works. However, two of my houses are to long so I need new ones. I'll visit the hose shop tomorrow.

Kubota b82 power steering test - YouTube

NuZ3pr6h.jpg

YTmYyTbh.jpg

TIaHJQih.jpg

All together! Everything is working great. Still have vice grips for a steering wheel. On to the next project, my mower.

Kubota b82 3pt mower - YouTube

vd5XOFXh.jpg

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #25  
All together! Everything is working great. Still have vice grips for a steering wheel. On to the next project, my mower.

Kubota b82 3pt mower - YouTube

vd5XOFXh.jpg

Never thought about "Fluffing Up" the snow, before Blowing it, with a Finish Mower...LOL....Wonder if you could Win-Row that Crap....

I loved the JD green paint on the p/s unit on a orange kubota.....

I was putting a model 75 loader on a JD 850, but no loader valve...went to my JD dealer.....OH You Can't get them anymore....but they did tell me it was open center valve.....went to Kubota and bought a ORANGE valve and ran my JD loader with it......Worked and Looked Great...
Jonnie Drinking.jpg the orange is my Kubota Loader Valve

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #26  
Very nice job. Good workmanship.

Years ago I was thinking about putting power steering on my B7100. The local Kubota mechanic talked me out of it as the pump flow rate was not really high enough. Seems they had tried it a few times.

Just for interest I was going to use a 70's GM. Recirculating ball steering box. It would have been a very simple mount. Just placing it where the original box went and putting the steering shaft on top of it. The pitman arm?? Would have been an easy fit.
have you looked into the electric steering shafts. the hot rodders are using them a lot now. Its something that may work.

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #27  
Any updates Fatjay? How many hours have you put on this setup? Is the JD 318 steering valve still holding up?

Holding up great. I don't have an hour meter on it but I use it regularly. Power steering is fantastic, no leaks. I'll say it's a bit quick, i think because the kubota has a higher flow rate than the JD318 for power steering. I'm used to it though and I like it. When I get on hte b7200 with factory power steering, it's painfully slow.

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #29  
I'll say it's a bit quick, i think because the kubota has a higher flow rate than the JD318 for power steering. I'm used to it though and I like it.

It may be the pressure,,
My SIL has a JD 855 with power steering,, and he uses it all the time,,
When he jumps on my JD 4105, he always comments on how quick the steering is,,
I kinda evaluated the two, and it seems the 4105 is just easier to steer,,,
more pressure may make the steering easier? :confused:

Whatever
, the JD 4105 is the best steering tractor I have ever owned,,
it steers better than my Silverado truck,, and WAY easier than our Honda CR-V,,, :eek:

/ Power steering conversion on my kubota B8200 #30  
I have been researching adding power steering to my Kubota B8200 and came across your prior posts, fatjay. I have purchased the same steering column and also got the original cylinder with it. Did you loop the aux output back to the return line? Thanks for any extra advice you may be able to provide with the fabrication process that you have changed after the completion of your upgrade.